RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

haleymay

Mar 8, 2010, 8:42 PM
Post #1 of 25 (17950 views)
Shortcut

Girly Climbing Gear
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know of any good quality climbing gear thats pink or purple? I don't want to comprimise quality for looks but I'd like some cute stuff if possible. I know Sterling makes an all pink rope but beyond that I can't really find anything girly :(

I know its silly but I like pink, lol :)

mya81

Mar 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #2 of 25 (17929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [haleymay] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi ya,

Well, Petzl's "Selena" womens harness colour for this season is dark grey and blue leg loops with pink (magenta) piping :)

Also, I think you can buy webbing for quickdraws that is pink -also from Petzl.

lena_chita

Mar 9, 2010, 3:08 PM
Post #3 of 25 (17898 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evolv Elekras are purple, Old Anasazi lace-ups are pink.

Arc'teryx womens' R280 harness is fucsia-colored on the waistband.

They also make pink chalkbags.

I am pretty sure you will be able to find pink clothing on your own.

But yes, you are being really silly -- to put it mildly.

granite_grrl

Mar 9, 2010, 6:35 PM
Post #4 of 25 (17880 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Picking out your gear based on colour doesn't sounds very practical.

haleymay

Mar 9, 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #5 of 25 (17872 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

I'm not picking out gear specifically based on color. I already said I don't want to comprimise quality for the color. But if I can add some quality, girly peices thats a bonus.

granite_grrl

Mar 9, 2010, 7:24 PM
Post #6 of 25 (17868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haleymay wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I'm not picking out gear specifically based on color. I already said I don't want to comprimise quality for the color. But if I can add some quality, girly peices thats a bonus.
Problem is that even if you look at all the high quality gear out there, you might end up with the shoes and harness that don't fit you because you like the colour.

Actually, if Evolv shoes do fit, you might want to look at the Evolv XY shoes. They only come in three styles (one of which is women's specific), but you could come up with some wild colour options. I can't provide a direct link (it starts using flash), but you can pick them out here: http://www.evolvesports.com/products.htm

haleymay

Mar 9, 2010, 7:27 PM
Post #7 of 25 (17868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I already have the purple Elektras but I don't care for them so I've been looking new shoes. And I've actually been eyeing up the Arc'teryx harness! I already have a purple chalk bag and pink clothes, lol. I'm not super pink-crazy just to clarify if I sound that way. I just want some girly gear. Sorry if it sounds stupid...

haleymay

Mar 9, 2010, 8:52 PM
Post #8 of 25 (17847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
haleymay wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Problem is that even if you look at all the high quality gear out there, you might end up with the shoes and harness that don't fit you because you like the colour.

Actually, if Evolv shoes do fit, you might want to look at the Evolv XY shoes. They only come in three styles (one of which is women's specific), but you could come up with some wild colour options. I can't provide a direct link (it starts using flash), but you can pick them out here: http://www.evolvesports.com/products.htm

I'm not going to comprimise quality, fit, comfort or practicality for the color. I was just asking for ideas on some girly looking stuff that also fits all my needs. Sorry again.

And I've tried Evolvs and they fit but I don't like the fit so I'm looking for other options for shoes right now.

wonderwoman

Mar 9, 2010, 9:13 PM
Post #9 of 25 (17843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am also a pink-lover. It may not be climbing gear, but observe the pink-awesomeness of my otter box:

kiwiprincess

Mar 9, 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #10 of 25 (17829 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The New Elia Helmet coming out from PETZL has small pink bits (where you clip a headlamp on) on a blue shell and leaf shaped vents.

5 10 Anasazi velcro's in women's are a purple colour (i hate it but they perform awesome)

I bet Japanese or Korean brands have some cute stuff if anyones bi- lingual. I have seen some really cute clothing on people from those countries.

iamthewallress

Mar 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #11 of 25 (17817 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kiwiprincess] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing gear is generally pretty androgenous. Guys who otherwise wouldn't wear lavender nothin' have been wearing lavender mythos for over a decade because sometimes they're the best tool for the job. (Yes, I know that Sportiva butched them up to a dusty peach color a couple fo years ago.)

If you wear a sports bra with pink ruffles, ribbons in your hair, pink tights, etc. then even if you end up in a black harness, no one will doubt your dedication to extreme girly-girldom.

You can always add sparkles and stickers to your stuff after market.

(This post was edited by iamthewallress on Mar 10, 2010, 3:22 AM)

Partner macherry

Mar 10, 2010, 3:17 AM
Post #12 of 25 (17803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haleymay wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I already have the purple Elektras but I don't care for them so I've been looking new shoes. And I've actually been eyeing up the Arc'teryx harness! I already have a purple chalk bag and pink clothes, lol. I'm not super pink-crazy just to clarify if I sound that way. I just want some girly gear. Sorry if it sounds stupid...

yes, it does sound stupid.

iamthewallress

Mar 10, 2010, 3:27 AM
Post #13 of 25 (17796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Haleymay, i have no beef w/ liking pink or anyone's personal style. I don't want this to seem this way.

I always have bristled at what was considered "girly" though b/c it was expected of me, and I was a girl, but I wasn't necessarily pink...you know? So for people who are girly but not pink, I offer to you, Storm Large, and one of my favorite on the way to try to crush rock, scream in the car with my sistahs anthems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujF_O6pBuHY

(This post was edited by iamthewallress on Mar 10, 2010, 3:28 AM)

clee03m

Mar 10, 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #14 of 25 (17775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My girlie gear list:
Chalk bag from Arteryx-it's pink and awesome. And I really don't care it cost 35 bucks. Now I store a tiny knife and a tiny flash light in the zip so I have them with me always.
Gear-I try to color coordinate biners to cams. It's easier to see and prettier in my opinion
More gear-Trango used to make purple biners. Cheap and pretty. I don't know if they still do.
Harness-misty mountain woman's cadillac has lilac color mixed in. Sadly, they are still not pretty. Awesome harness, though.
Some of my climbing partners wear lululemon clothes. They are very girlie and seem awesome. personally, too cheap to pay that much for clothes I'll get dirty. Good luck!

clausti

Mar 10, 2010, 1:10 PM
Post #15 of 25 (17768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
My girlie gear list:
Chalk bag from Arteryx-it's pink and awesome.

heh, somebody gave camhead and i a pair of yellow and pink arc'teryx chalk bags for wedding presents. cammy promptly snagged the pink one and has been using it since.

smallclimber

Mar 10, 2010, 5:29 PM
Post #16 of 25 (17751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just remember, once you are kitted out in your pink gear, don't go climbing at Red Rocks or you will clash, like I did with my two pink tops and pink rope (Beal Flyer). Although you can't see it there is also a nice purle chalk bag.

lena_chita

Mar 10, 2010, 6:14 PM
Post #17 of 25 (17743 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iamthewallress] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

iamthewallress wrote:
Haleymay, i have no beef w/ liking pink or anyone's personal style. I don't want this to seem this way.

I always have bristled at what was considered "girly" though b/c it was expected of me, and I was a girl, but I wasn't necessarily pink...you know? So for people who are girly but not pink, I offer to you, Storm Large, and one of my favorite on the way to try to crush rock, scream in the car with my sistahs anthems:

I actually HAVE a bit of a beef with the sea of pink and purple that is the girl clothing in the little kid's section. My daughter went through big-time pink stage, which is, of course, not a problem at all.

But now she likes other colors, but a lot of her clothing is hand-me-downs or gifts, and it is pink, pink, and pink. This morning she was digging through the drawers for a long while, trying to pick an outfit that was not pink... (clean blue&silver hoody-- yeah, score!). She looks good in anything, but i have to say, taupe-green shirts bring out the stunning color of her eyes like nothing else.

My problem is not with having your own style-- quite the opposite. My problem with pink flowery ruffles being forced down the girl's throat from before they can even make their own choices, until they cannot THINK of anything but pink and frilly as being "girly style".

granite_grrl

Mar 10, 2010, 6:33 PM
Post #18 of 25 (17739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

I actually HAVE a bit of a beef with the sea of pink and purple that is the girl clothing in the little kid's section. My daughter went through big-time pink stage, which is, of course, not a problem at all.

But now she likes other colors, but a lot of her clothing is hand-me-downs or gifts, and it is pink, pink, and pink. This morning she was digging through the drawers for a long while, trying to pick an outfit that was not pink... (clean blue&silver hoody-- yeah, score!). She looks good in anything, but i have to say, taupe-green shirts bring out the stunning color of her eyes like nothing else.

My problem is not with having your own style-- quite the opposite. My problem with pink flowery ruffles being forced down the girl's throat from before they can even make their own choices, until they cannot THINK of anything but pink and frilly as being "girly style".
We have three nieces and kids clothes is crazy. I guess I can see it when they're babies and little boys look like little girls and vice versa, but they're all old enough now that they're clearly adorable little girls.

Secretly, I'm on a mission as an aunt to not contribute to this forced girliness. Though my mother was not impressed with the pirate onesies that I got my brother's daughter when she was still little. But truly...they were awsome, and now her little brother can use them too!

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 10, 2010, 7:45 PM
Post #19 of 25 (17726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My hardware is all labeled with smiley face stickers(Happiegrrrl....).

I used to have a beautiful head scarf that was my "girly" hat - Very pretty, silk, with intricate beading and embroidery. But I didn't notice it had blown off one windy day at the top of Lost Horse.

Still, head wraps are an easy way to add color. And if you wear a helmet, and are artistic, you can do all sorts of things. Chalkbag is another good way to make a girlified statement.

And nothing says GRRRRL like a set of beat-to-hell stoppers. Just freshen up the gear tags every once in a while. Instead of happy faces, you could get flower stickers or hearts or whatever from the stationery shop. Put the sticker to mark your gear and then clear packing tape over the top to keep it from being shredded off easily.

lena_chita

Mar 11, 2010, 3:57 AM
Post #20 of 25 (17697 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

We have three nieces and kids clothes is crazy. I guess I can see it when they're babies and little boys look like little girls and vice versa, but they're all old enough now that they're clearly adorable little girls.

Secretly, I'm on a mission as an aunt to not contribute to this forced girliness. Though my mother was not impressed with the pirate onesies that I got my brother's daughter when she was still little. But truly...they were awsome, and now her little brother can use them too!

Why can't my kids have aunts like that?!

clee03m

Mar 11, 2010, 3:59 PM
Post #21 of 25 (17677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Can't say that I am crazy about boy's clothes either. Either you are a dad's mechanic or some kind of a sports star (baseball basketball or football). Because I am buying all of my clothes consignment, I have some really funny stuff that say things like, "My favorite things: basketball, really fast cars, and dinasaurs." For the record, I have bought pink/lavender/peach clothing for my boy as well as some with ruffles. He is so going to get beat up when he grows up. hehehe

lena_chita

Mar 11, 2010, 6:47 PM
Post #22 of 25 (17659 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

O.K., we succeeded in completely derailing the original thread... but yeah, I am with you, baby boy clothes are just as stereotypically ridiculous as baby girl clothes.

karmiclimber

Apr 13, 2010, 9:42 PM
Post #23 of 25 (17234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Girly Climbing Gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
I am also a pink-lover. It may not be climbing gear, but observe the pink-awesomeness of my otter box:

[image]http://www.otterbox.com/images/products/700/1942-02.5.jpg[/image]

Oooooh. *loves*

karmiclimber

Apr 13, 2010, 9:46 PM
Post #24 of 25 (17232 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Black Diamond makes the primrose harness, which is girly, but cornflower blue. I'd say the way to go is to be girly with things like...mark your gear with pink nail polish, wear pink nail polish, wear your girly clothes, etc while climbing. You can buy things like pink nalgene bottles. Accessorize with your girliness, but the gear is the gear and basically none of it is pink.

tigerlilly

Apr 14, 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #25 of 25 (17219 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My favorite shoes are back, and they're pink! http://www.rockandsnow.com/...t/30329/BOREAL-LUNA/

I'm not much of a girly-girl, and much prefer dark and bold colors to pink and pastels, but I bought these in spite of their pinkness because they fit my uber-skinny feet better than anything else I have tried (and I have tried a lot of shoes). They're an excellent all-day shoe and don't stretch much thanks to the lining. I can't say how they'd do as performance shoes, because, well, I'm not a high performance climber. They aren't the toughest shoes on the market, and my first pair may not get a third resole, but that's ok, 'cuz I already have a 2nd pair.

Kathy

P.S. Beware they are sized funny. My US women's size 9's fit nicely in the UK 5.5.

(This post was edited by tigerlilly on Apr 14, 2010, 12:28 AM)

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook