RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

konrad7

Mar 28, 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #1 of 12 (9692 views)
Shortcut

Moon Bouldering Pad
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is the Moon Warrior Crash Pad a good pad?

http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/moon-warrior-crash-pad-p-457.html

Please don't recommend Organic as I live in the UK.

petsfed

Mar 29, 2010, 1:12 AM
Post #2 of 12 (9671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [konrad7] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

konrad7 wrote:
Is the Moon Warrior Crash Pad a good pad?

http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/moon-warrior-crash-pad-p-457.html

Please don't recommend Organic as I live in the UK.

And you've contacted Josh (as that fellow from Australia did the other day) and know that it won't work?

Ok.

I don't have any real insight on the pad in question, I just know that us yanks haven't had the chance to play with it mostly because of international shipping costs.

Bats

Mar 29, 2010, 1:17 AM
Post #3 of 12 (9665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BD Mondo or BD Drop Zone. I own the Drop Zone and have landed on a Mondo pad a few times. I like the foam in them. I don't bottom out or bounce off them like I do on Mad Rock Triple pad. Surely you know someone that has a pad, go out and boulder. When you come across with someone who owns that pad see if they let you test it out. That is what I did when I tried the Mondo, and the pad that you can not get Organic. My buddy has a Metiolus pad and my Drop Zone barely fit in my trunk of my car. So you might want consider that too.Wink

bhp

Mar 29, 2010, 1:37 AM
Post #4 of 12 (9654 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

A bouldering pad for the moon doesn't have to be all that thick, as gravitational acceleration is a paltry 1.622 m/s^2, but it needs to be large enough to catch you no matter what, as laceration and breech of your suit is a far more likely and deadly scenario than blunt trauma injury. So something thin, wide, and cut resistant is important.

On a side note, I hear that dynos are super easy on the moon.

wallwombat

Mar 29, 2010, 2:27 AM
Post #5 of 12 (9631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, the Moon Warrior pad is a good pad. I've fallen on the Drop Zone and the Warrior and the Warrior is much better IMHO.

It would have been my second choice after Organic. I was just lucky that Josh happened to be shipping a pallet of pads to Australia around the same time I enquired about them. I should get mine mid April. He recently sent pallets to Sweden and Norway as well.

You are probably better off posting this question on UKbouldering.com. Here, as in the case with the guy with the bat profile pic, you are just going to get a big list of American pads thrown at you. The "I live in the UK" bit often doesn't sink in.

That said, there are plenty of pad manufacturers in the UK - Moon, DMM, Wild Country (now), Alpkit- who make decent pads. We don't have that option here in Australia, where no one makes pads. Check out some of the pad manufacturuers that I just mentioned.

I think you'll be happy with a Moon pad though. Go for it.

konrad7

Mar 29, 2010, 8:22 AM
Post #6 of 12 (9577 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wallwombat] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I don't know any boulderers so can't really try before I buy. I think putting together these answers it seems like moon warrior is a good pad so I think I'll get it cheers

irregularpanda

Mar 29, 2010, 3:34 PM
Post #7 of 12 (9551 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bats] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bats wrote:
BD Mondo or BD Drop Zone. I own the Drop Zone and have landed on a Mondo pad a few times. I like the foam in them. I don't bottom out or bounce off them like I do on Mad Rock Triple pad. Surely you know someone that has a pad, go out and boulder. When you come across with someone who owns that pad see if they let you test it out. That is what I did when I tried the Mondo, and the pad that you can not get Organic. My buddy has a Metiolus pad and my Drop Zone barely fit in my trunk of my car. So you might want consider that too.Wink

Awesome advice.

OP asks about moon pads. You suggest BD pads. Tell you what, I'll suggest flashed pads, because that is also unrelated to the question.

On a side note, you should try eating waffles, as this will lower the shipping costs of north american pads.

(This post was edited by irregularpanda on Mar 29, 2010, 3:35 PM)

tehbillzor

Mar 29, 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #8 of 12 (9532 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you don't know of any boulders why do you need a pad?

KirbyC

Mar 29, 2010, 7:19 PM
Post #9 of 12 (9504 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tehbillzor] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

he doesn't know of any boulderers.

Costa

May 14, 2010, 7:14 AM
Post #10 of 12 (9025 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KirbyC] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ive just aquired one of these pads and must say im happy with the design. pretty solid and no ankle breaking gaps in the centre.
Takes up alot of ground space too.
Cant comment on comparibility of a fall as i've not used other pads in the bush

sidepull

May 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #11 of 12 (8996 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
Bats wrote:

Awesome advice.

OP asks about moon pads. You suggest BD pads. Tell you what, I'll suggest flashed pads, because that is also unrelated to the question.

On a side note, you should try eating waffles, as this will lower the shipping costs of north american pads.

Panda, have you ever bouldered in the UK? BD products are readily available there, so, even though the OP didn't ask, it is still relevant. Perhaps tangential, but still relevant.

bustloose

May 31, 2010, 6:55 PM
Post #12 of 12 (8776 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Moon Bouldering Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
irregularpanda wrote:
Bats wrote:

Awesome advice.

Panda, have you ever bouldered in the UK? BD products are readily available there, so, even though the OP didn't ask, it is still relevant. Perhaps tangential, but still relevant.

nope, not relevant. he did not ask for other suggestions, he asked for information about one specific product. you replied with information about other products, that were not that specific product, making a useless post.

if i ask you about a honda civic and you tell me to buy a toyota corolla, you're an asshole.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook