RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

climb-high

Apr 9, 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1042 views)
Shortcut

unmarked route at Bozeman Pass
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So yesterday my friend and i were out climbing at the pass, before and slightly during that great snow storm. we were climbing in the Powerline Buttress area when we notice a short climb that was on the far right side. This climb started just to the right of Night Shift's anchors in a little cave thing. The climb was short, only three bolts, and the approach was interesting to say the least. The climb was really fun and super exposed, especially getting to the first bolt. If any one has any information on this climb i would greatly appreciate it. The approach was the start of Kitchen Sink "the Clit" and then heading up mellow but loose terrain left. Thanks

kylekienitz

Apr 9, 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1032 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb-high] unmarked route at Bozeman Pass [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry, I've got no info for you. But I am wondering how the conditions are in the pass. Is there a lot of snow still?

climb-high

Apr 9, 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1024 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kylekienitz] unmarked route at Bozeman Pass [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yesterday it wasnt to bad until the snow started falling. most of the routes were dry. the approach is still very muddy with snow in some spots along the way, bring boots. besides that and the wind, which was really whipping, conditions were great. cold enough to get grip on the crips but warm enough to really enjoy it.

jeepnphreak

Apr 12, 2010, 8:16 PM
Post #4 of 4 (973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb-high] unmarked route at Bozeman Pass [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb-high wrote:
So yesterday my friend and i were out climbing at the pass, before and slightly during that great snow storm. we were climbing in the Powerline Buttress area when we notice a short climb that was on the far right side. This climb started just to the right of Night Shift's anchors in a little cave thing. The climb was short, only three bolts, and the approach was interesting to say the least. The climb was really fun and super exposed, especially getting to the first bolt. If any one has any information on this climb i would greatly appreciate it. The approach was the start of Kitchen Sink "the Clit" and then heading up mellow but loose terrain left. Thanks

I think that you are describing "short shift", Climb night shift, head right of night shifts anchors, this is kind of like a second pitch of night shift or junk show. was what you were on maby about a 5.11a?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook