RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

CMTomasetti

Apr 14, 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #1 of 10 (3519 views)
Shortcut

World Cup Climbing Holds
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Everyone,

I'm posting this to get the word out on a relatively new hold company based out of Columbus, Ohio, World Cup Climbing Holds.

Right now we work with a number of gyms in the Chicago area and a few other across the country. We're currently working on getting our name out there and expanding our business.

Also, we are currently offering free shipping and free custom colors!

Check us out online at http://www.worldcupclimbingholds.com and you can contact me at chris@worldcupclimbingholds.com for any questions.

Cheers,

Chris Tomasetti
Sales Manager - World Cup Climbing Holds

(This post was edited by CMTomasetti on Apr 14, 2010, 12:34 PM)

climb4free

Apr 14, 2010, 4:25 PM
Post #2 of 10 (3478 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CMTomasetti] World Cup Climbing Holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a homewall and have done reviews of some other hold companies looking for exposure on rc.com, send some samples and I'll let people know what makes them good.

edge

Apr 14, 2010, 4:36 PM
Post #3 of 10 (3471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Have you previously made holds for the World Cup competitions, or is that just a catchy name?

sidepull

Apr 14, 2010, 4:54 PM
Post #4 of 10 (3458 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb4free] World Cup Climbing Holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb4free wrote:
I have a homewall and have done reviews of some other hold companies looking for exposure on rc.com, send some samples and I'll let people know what makes them good.

What reviews are these?

climb4free

Apr 14, 2010, 5:00 PM
Post #5 of 10 (3454 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] World Cup Climbing Holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You know how many "What kind of holds should I buy?" threads there are on here. I offer my user experience with the holds I have used on my homewall. I'm not an official or anything, but I use them regularly.

CMTomasetti

Apr 14, 2010, 5:05 PM
Post #6 of 10 (3444 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] World Cup Climbing Holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a catchy name, we haven't had holds in the world cup...yet Wink

sidepull

Apr 14, 2010, 5:17 PM
Post #7 of 10 (3436 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climb4free wrote:
You know how many "What kind of holds should I buy?" threads there are on here. I offer my user experience with the holds I have used on my homewall. I'm not an official or anything, but I use them regularly.

I'm sorry, but I think you're doing some mis-advertising here. I've never even seen you before today, you climb at an average level, and I don't think you have enough of a presence here to sway anyone one way or another. But, if they want to send you some free schwag, good for you.

climb4free

Apr 14, 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #8 of 10 (3414 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] World Cup Climbing Holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
climb4free wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think you're doing some mis-advertising here. I've never even seen you before today, you climb at an average level, and I don't think you have enough of a presence here to sway anyone one way or another. But, if they want to send you some free schwag, good for you.

You have quite a presence yourself...

I don't climb 5.14, but neither do 95% of those on this site, people that use holds are average everyday guys & gals and realistic regular use is what many people would like to hear about.

And finally, since you are on here 24/7 monitoring who's on and who's who, maybe you should go for it, schwag that is

rsd212

Apr 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #9 of 10 (3390 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've used some of these holds and really like em. The Crimp Set has some nasty little edges, but they allow a bit of pinching in there as well. Chipped Edge and some of the pinches (Rocks, VO-V) can make for some really interesting problems. We also use Big Sloper quite a bit. All the holds I've used are heavily textured so you get mad friction, but I wouldn't use them on a home wall or to set training routes as they can tear up your skin. They're pretty tendon-friendly, but a bit abrasive...kind of makes me long for sandstone.

sidepull

Apr 14, 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #10 of 10 (3380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climb4free wrote:
sidepull wrote:
climb4free wrote:

You have quite a presence yourself...

I don't climb 5.14, but neither do 95% of those on this site, people that use holds are average everyday guys & gals and realistic regular use is what many people would like to hear about.

And finally, since you are on here 24/7 monitoring who's on and who's who, maybe you should go for it, schwag that is

I'm not being sarcastic - I'm sorry, on my first read, I felt you had been a bit disingenuous. I was wrong. Again, sorry.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook