Forums: Climbing Information: General:
looking for a good overnight campsite somewhere in washington for two beggenier climbers?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

ejk2810

Apr 26, 2010, 5:42 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2199 views)
Shortcut

looking for a good overnight campsite somewhere in washington for two beggenier climbers?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i just want to go somewhere where i can spend all weekend waking up and going bouldering with my girl and then go kyayaking in the evening!

redlude97

Apr 26, 2010, 5:55 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2192 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ejk2810] looking for a good overnight campsite somewhere in washington for two beggenier climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sounds like leavenworth is where you want to head, although its a bit cold right now for kayaking. Leavenworth has quite a few campsites along icicle creek road where a majority of the bouldering is located, but they can fill up quickly depending on the time of year and the day you arrive. Another option is the camp at the tumwater creek campground outside of leavenworth, you can then drive in towards town and boulder at the swiftwater picnic area that has a large number of V0-V2 climbs on both sides of the road

sungam

Apr 26, 2010, 6:13 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2181 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redlude97] looking for a good overnight campsite somewhere in washington for two beggenier climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Leavenworth is the awesome! Get there!

olympicmtnboy

May 5, 2010, 3:54 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2088 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ejk2810] looking for a good overnight campsite somewhere in washington for two beggenier climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

2nd for Leavenworth for those two activities. You might also check out Tieton when they run the water level high (dam controlled) although I'm not sure about non-roped climbing there. Index also has plenty of bouldering and free camping and you can run the river there too.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook