RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

FriendOfMonoPockets

Apr 26, 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #1 of 16 (4152 views)
Shortcut

This is topic worthy
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

New strongman in FONT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3J0vJMOP-g

currupt4130

Apr 26, 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #2 of 16 (4124 views)
Shortcut

Re: [FriendOfMonoPockets] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

FriendOfMonoPockets wrote:
New strongman in FONT!

Clicky.

Edit: Wow. I will never venture into the bouldering forum ever again. Ya'll are retarded.

(This post was edited by currupt4130 on Apr 26, 2010, 11:36 PM)

kriso9tails

Apr 26, 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #3 of 16 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sandbagged for sure.

Partner angry

Apr 26, 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #4 of 16 (4105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've seen harder

kriso9tails

Apr 26, 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #5 of 16 (4087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [currupt4130] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
Ya'll are retarded.

I don't harp on spelling too often, but when you're going to call people retarded, it's suggested you check to see that all three words in your sentence are spelled correctly. I know that three is a lot, but you can do it!

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Apr 26, 2010, 11:51 PM)

bill413

Apr 27, 2010, 2:25 AM
Post #6 of 16 (4002 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, I'll give him 9a, but not the plus - he had one hand out of his pocket!

jacobbelsher

Apr 27, 2010, 3:51 AM
Post #7 of 16 (3961 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
Ya'll are retarded.

I don't harp on spelling too often, but when you're going to call people retarded, it's suggested you check to see that all three words in your sentence are spelled correctly. I know that three is a lot, but you can do it!

The correct spelling for the commonly misspelled word, y'all. The word originates in the south-eastern United States and is a contraction formed from the words 'ya' and 'all,' the 'ya' being the short-form of you. The apostrophe is placed after the a because in contractions, letters are removed from the second word, and thus, y'all is gramatically incorrect, leaving ya'll as the proper method of spelling the word.

kriso9tails

Apr 27, 2010, 5:01 AM
Post #8 of 16 (3934 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jacobbelsher] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jacobbelsher wrote:
kriso9tails wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
Ya'll are retarded.

The correct spelling for the commonly misspelled word, y'all. The word originates in the south-eastern United States and is a contraction formed from the words 'ya' and 'all,' the 'ya' being the short-form of you. The apostrophe is placed after the a because in contractions, letters are removed from the second word, and thus, y'all is gramatically incorrect, leaving ya'll as the proper method of spelling the word.

I'm sorry, but there's little to no support for your case. Try looking the word up first.

Even if we accept that the contraction is the phonetic variant 'ya', the contraction would still be "y'all". "Ya'll" would be a phonetic variant of "you'll" which already has a well established meaning.

Historic record as far back as the mid nineteenth century sides with "y'all", as does the OED, Webster's, and even Wikipedia.

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Apr 27, 2010, 5:02 AM)

kylekienitz

Apr 27, 2010, 5:07 AM
Post #9 of 16 (3928 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
Historic record as far back as the mid nineteenth century sides with "y'all", as does the OED, Webster's, and even Wikipedia.

Wow, you pulled the OED card and yet still played the Webster and Wikipedia ones...

jacobbelsher

Apr 27, 2010, 6:44 AM
Post #10 of 16 (3901 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
jacobbelsher wrote:
kriso9tails wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
Ya'll are retarded.

I'm sorry, but there's little to no support for your case. Try looking the word up first.

Even if we accept that the contraction is the phonetic variant 'ya', the contraction would still be "y'all". "Ya'll" would be a phonetic variant of "you'll" which already has a well established meaning.

But the Urban Dictionary, doesn't, which is at least as credible as wiki. Also, if we wanted to attack your "phonetic variant" theory, we might claim that if one was from the south east, the contractions of "you all" and "you will" are simply homophones, or two words that are pronounced the same, but that have different meanings (and or different spellings). English is "chock" full of them! A single word has a single established meaning? Your claim doesn't "bear" scrutiny. Maybe you should tackle graduate level English before posting some snot nosed shit!?

kriso9tails

Apr 27, 2010, 6:54 AM
Post #11 of 16 (3891 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jacobbelsher wrote:
But the Urban Dictionary, doesn't, which is at least as credible as wiki. Also, if we wanted to attack your "phonetic variant" theory, we might claim that if one was from the south east, the contractions of "you all" and "you will" are simply homophones, or two words that are pronounced the same, but that have different meanings (and or different spellings). English is "chock" full of them! A single word has a single established meaning? Your claim doesn't "bear" scrutiny. Maybe you should tackle graduate level English before posting some snot nosed shit!?

I can't tell if you're actually being serious or not. Or perhaps "your" being serious or "knot"? "Yore" being serious? I certainly hope not.

blondgecko

Apr 27, 2010, 6:57 AM
Post #12 of 16 (3888 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jacobbelsher wrote:
kriso9tails wrote:
jacobbelsher wrote:
kriso9tails wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
Ya'll are retarded.

Only on the Internet...

wallwombat

Apr 27, 2010, 8:36 AM
Post #13 of 16 (3863 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow!

An argument about grammar on the Bouldering Forum.

Who'd have thunk it?

Claypool

Apr 27, 2010, 8:56 AM
Post #14 of 16 (3858 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wallwombat] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Given the option of debating the proper spelling of southern slang or rewatching the OP vid, I'll take the slang, y'all.

(This post was edited by Claypool on Apr 27, 2010, 8:57 AM)

byran

Apr 28, 2010, 1:21 AM
Post #15 of 16 (3729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jacobbelsher wrote:
y'all is gramatically incorrect

*grammatically

milesenoell

Apr 28, 2010, 2:58 AM
Post #16 of 16 (3691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [currupt4130] This is topic worthy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
FriendOfMonoPockets wrote:
New strongman in FONT!

Clicky.

Edit: Wow. I will never venture into the bouldering forum ever again. Ya'll are retarded.

I love how after using the word that started this whole debate you haven't even had to add anything else to get people riled up.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook