Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
climbing in Palawan?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Jaba

Nov 16, 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #1 of 11 (10206 views)
Shortcut

climbing in Palawan?  (Asia: Philippines: Luzon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi there. I am planning to travel in the philippines in april 2010. Does anybody have any information about climbing in palawan?

cheers

strokes007

Mar 23, 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #2 of 11 (10062 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jaba] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey

I don't know about the climbing there, ive just heard that there are routes set up, i will try and get more information, i am heading there around april 2010 too, so if you want we can try and meet up there. I've only got my shoes and harness with me though!

Cheers
Ross
In reply to:

Jaba

Mar 24, 2010, 9:20 AM
Post #3 of 11 (10043 views)
Shortcut

Re: [strokes007] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In the mean time I've heard about climbing there... it must have plenty but rarly any information about it. I think I am there in the 1st or 2 nd week of april. I will have my shoes, harness and some quick draws with me. I've haerd from good climbing schools there, so we must be able to rent or borrow a rope somewhere.
If the dates fit, we should try to meet up.
I'll send you an email on your profile with my address.
cheers
Marc

wrbill

Apr 19, 2010, 4:25 AM
Post #4 of 11 (9984 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jaba] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What to know if you got to do some climbing in the Philippines. I have just moved here and have not been able to out, plus I don't have my gear yet. If you did get to climb could you please let me know how it was.

Thanks Bill

P.S. Now that I'm living here I will be updating the info on the climbing areas and how to get to them as I get the info.

jennymo

Apr 28, 2010, 1:22 PM
Post #5 of 11 (9915 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wrbill] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Bill (and others)

Did you ever manage to get any information about climbing in Palawan? Have just had my climbing holiday in Thailand cancelled (for the second time in a week - first the ash, now the riots) and am looking for a different destination...

thanks
jenny

wrbill

Apr 28, 2010, 1:56 PM
Post #6 of 11 (9913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jennymo] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have not made it to Palawan. It is on a island to the southwest of Luzon. I don't have my gear hear yet. I have not been able to vist any of the climbing areas as I have not had my own transpo. I now have a motorcycle and will be able to get to some of the areas. I have meet a few local climbers but most only climb indoors. I have not meet anyone that does much climbing outside.

When are you looking to take your climbing holiday. If you send me a PM with your email I will keep you up to date.

One more thing, a place I do know about and it is not that hard to get to. Well it takes a little bit but a great climbing area. The area is Cantabaco and is located on the island of Cebu. It takes about a hour and a half using public trans. I put a link to a article that was on the Rock & Run website. The article was done back in OCT 2009.

http://info.rockrun.com/...ebu-philippines.html

(This post was edited by wrbill on Apr 28, 2010, 2:01 PM)

Igan

May 30, 2010, 4:07 PM
Post #7 of 11 (9732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi guys. I'd like to help with the Philippine rockclimbing info.

There are 3 sport climbing areas here in the Philippines that I've been to in the last 12 months -- The Cantabaco crag in Brgy. Cantabaco, Toledo, Cebu; the "Uling Wall" and "Rook" crag in Brgy. Wawa, Montalban, Rizal, and the "Tinandog" crag in Brgy. Tinandog, Atimonan, Quezon. Relevant info about the above can be found via Google. Unfortunately, some information in there are poorly updated. Anyway, from what I know, Cantabaco now has about 30 or so sport routes (8 or so were bolted last October). Tinandog has 10 or so sport routes (3 were bolted this year). "Uling Wall" and "Rook" has about 15 or so. As for trad routes...I really don't know because I've never climbed trad nor seen anyone climb a trad route here.

Climbing in Palawan? I've heard that they bolted routes in El Nido two or three years ago.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'm happy to help.

wrbill

May 30, 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #8 of 11 (9726 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Igan] climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Igan,

Good too see someone posting that is in the PH. Send me a PM and we can talk. I don't have any info, I have been busy taking care of things and have not been able to get out. Plus I don't have my gear here yet. I am not sure when I will have it, but soon I hope.

I'm living in Bacoor, Cavite and will be in need of a partner when my gear does get here. I have a full rack for Trad. Hope to hear from you.

Bill

Igan

May 31, 2010, 3:48 AM
Post #9 of 11 (9708 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

some pictures of climbing in Palawan from a climbing friend who's a professional photographer.

http://www.pics4pick.com/Sports-And-Outdoors/Rock-Climbing/lagen/3816155_CAokG#220431337_75rZc

theredmoose

Feb 16, 2014, 4:11 PM
Post #10 of 11 (6131 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am planning a trip to Palawan in March and I was wondering if anyone has any new information on climbing on Palawan?

wrbill

Feb 17, 2014, 9:40 AM
Post #11 of 11 (6083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theredmoose] Climbing in Palawan? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I still have no new information on Palawan. The only info that I have is what is posted in the routes database. You will find that there is a lot of DWS in the Northern part. Sorry that is all the info that I have. If you go and get some info please let me know.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook