Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

guangzhou

May 12, 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #51 of 56 (1929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pico23] dSLR versus high-end point & shoot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

pico23 wrote:
Now we have the real fanboys chiming in.

What is funny, is as much a fanboy as I am, I didn't even mention pentax in my original post on this thread.

Here was my final line...

In reply to:
To me the Pen/NX10 EVIL cameras are the compromise for those people anyway!

I only mentioned it after the OP said, he'd decided to go the DSLR route and narrowed it down to 3 cameras. One being a Pentax. Had his 3 cameras been another brand I'd have said nothing, there are tons of threads on here i don't comment on. There are others however, who post to every thread regardless of the topic with the same nonsense.

So explain how I'm the one not being logical again?

Nah, thanks for playing. Keep being drones spewing magazine ads out your ass. Nothing like not having the ability to free think one bit.

As far as Sony, dude, you do realize your precious D90 and D70 were Sony sensors right? Why the hell don't you just cut out the middle man? Why aren't you shooting Sony? I'll tell you why. Sony makes crappy electronics, and worse cameras. It bought Minolta AND HAS NEVER TURNED A PROFIT ON THE DSLR division for even 1 single quarter in 4 years. Let me tell you what would happen to Pentax if it was in the red every year for 4 years...the DSLR business would be canned and they'd just make medical instruments and binoculars. It's that simple. Pentax has survived because it makes quality products at a fair price, not because its the second largest electronics company in the world!

You're the one that got insulting. Canon and Nikon make great cameras for sports and photojournalism which they have battled heavily and at great cost to corner, a battle that almost put your precious Nikon out of business, for everything else everyone competes on a fairly level playing field. Most people buying a camera and asking questions on these forums are not going into a career in sports and photojournalism. Thus, they can cross that off the list for buying a camera. Once you do that you now have a whole world opened to you. What makes people idiots is when they paint themselves into a corner based on criteria that don't exist to them. You've painted a corner, and then you have to justify it.

It's exactly like when people buy a house sized SUV for exactly one family vacation a year, then complain about the cost of gas and maintenance. Uh, why not rent a van for 2 weeks, and buy something smaller for 50 weeks of daily driving? Duh, this is the "what if you get into professional sports and photojournalism" argument perfectly analogized. If that happens, buying changing systems would probably be the least of your concerns.

I'm not going to even bother replying to your line by line post guangzhou. just keep drumming up your micro stock career while spewing nonsense with absolutely no benefit to anyone.

Regardless of if I am a fanboy (which is odd considering I routinely recommend all sorts of brands based on the users stated needs), I can state my reasons for being a fanboy, you on the other hand are a drone. And really, there is nothing in my mind worse than those incapable of thinking for themselves. So calling you a drone is the biggest insult I could possibly bestow upon your!

Go back to your advertorials and enjoy your Ashton Kutcher man crush!

(and by the way, left handed cameras would be sweet, as someone with left eye dominance it would make seeing around the camera easier with my eye to the view finder)

I just reread this and realized I might have hurt your feeling.

You are correct about on thing. I am known for following the herd. avoid places and climbs others haven't done a over and over. I don't travel to places off the beaten path. And I only buy what I read about in magazine. Good to know you figured me out so well.

knudenoggin

May 17, 2010, 6:23 AM
Post #52 of 56 (1900 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pico23] dSLR versus high-end point & shoot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pico23 wrote:
knudenoggin wrote:
Keep in mind for every 1 Pentax shooter there are 9 Canikon.

And a fellow's on FM wanting the high-ISO of a D700,
and a fine-arts (and other) photographer I met this
weekend wanted that, too, and so got a Canon 7D
-- and she also wants ZOOM lenses, not just all
those Pentax primes.
She has been with K10d, & now K20d (and also had an
*IST?); and went w/Canon vs. Nikon for the high-ISO
partly against Nikon's heavy zooms, for concerts !?

Anyway, she had nice (smallish, mostly) shots, IMO:
www.hroephoto.com
PENTAX.

Smile

Paulbmounds

Jun 1, 2010, 3:53 AM
Post #54 of 56 (1834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xclimber47] dSLR versus high-end point & shoot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have printed 30 X 40 inches with no noticeable noise and or grain from an 8 MP camera(Olympus C8080). For weddings I don't go above 4 MP if the largest print my client wants is 8 1/2 X 11 inch prints, even though my cameras all shoot much higher MP. I can't see it and neither can my customer, the lower MP selected, so why shoot it? If I am going for the equivalent of a contact priint that is 4 X 5 inches from a 4 X 5 inch negative/transparency, then I shoot at maximum MP. An ideal 8 MP camera is the Olympus C8080 Wide, but it is very slow and was $800 when I bought it in 2004, but it is still going strong and the optics are super sharp. A very slow camera, impossible for stopping action unless I am panning with the subject.

Paulbmounds

Jun 1, 2010, 4:23 AM
Post #55 of 56 (1826 views)
Shortcut

Nilon Coolpix P90 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This Nikon for $400 or the Fuji for $300 look like ideal cameras for you. Prices are from Freestyle Camera in Los Angeles, one of the best companies to deal with, mainly a school and government source for film and darkroom products. They and Calumet Photographic are excellent companies, although Calumet is geared for the pro. Freestyle sells cameras like the Hoya 120 format for about $40.

JasonsDrivingForce

Jun 8, 2010, 4:32 AM
Post #56 of 56 (1787 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] dSLR versus high-end point & shoot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Sony now has an interesting addition to the interchangeable lense market with the NEX-3 and NEX-5.

Sad to see that these cameras received such a poor review. I really wanted to like them. However, it seems like they are more for show than actually showing what they can do.

http://www.dpreview.com/...yNex5Nex3/page17.asp

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook