RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

BlueRidgeOutdoors

Jun 1, 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #1 of 2 (781 views)
Shortcut

365 Peaks in 365 Days
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A quest to climb 365 summits in 365 days boils down to bagging the most Roach Points and diffusing “feedback bombs” in the San Juans.

"Peak Obsession" By Dougald MacDonald • May 5, 2010 - Elevation Outdoors Magazine:

Like most Coloradans, Dave is a bit obsessive about his outdoor sports. A bit. Hobbled by shoulder surgery, he had recently switched from obsessing about rock climbing (a spreadsheet lists the 550 different routes he’s climbed at one favorite crag, Mt. Arapiles in Australia, despite living almost 9,000 miles away) to hiking. If that sounds like a step down, consider that between January and early September, he had climbed Mt. Sanitas, near his north Boulder home, 224 times. But that was just the start, he had also decided to hike the so-called “Centennial 13’ers,” the hundred highest peaks in Colorado. (He’d already done the 14’ers.) And now, I was along for the ride. Armed with Gerry Roach’s Colorado’s Thirteeners, Dave had plotted an arduous and complex route that would allow us to bag four of the necessary high 13’ers in the San Juans in a single long weekend...

READ the rest of the feature HERE:

http://www.elevationoutdoors.com/....php/peak-obsession/
Attachments: EO_thumb.gif (2.78 KB)

Partner j_ung

Jun 1, 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (763 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BlueRidgeOutdoors] 365 Peaks in 365 Days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

BlueRidgeOutdoors wrote:
A quest to climb 365 summits in 365 days boils down to bagging the most Roach Points and diffusing “feedback bombs” in the San Juans.

"Peak Obsession" By Dougald MacDonald • May 5, 2010 - Elevation Outdoors Magazine:

Like most Coloradans, Dave is a bit obsessive about his outdoor sports. A bit. Hobbled by shoulder surgery, he had recently switched from obsessing about rock climbing (a spreadsheet lists the 550 different routes he’s climbed at one favorite crag, Mt. Arapiles in Australia, despite living almost 9,000 miles away) to hiking. If that sounds like a step down, consider that between January and early September, he had climbed Mt. Sanitas, near his north Boulder home, 224 times. But that was just the start, he had also decided to hike the so-called “Centennial 13’ers,” the hundred highest peaks in Colorado. (He’d already done the 14’ers.) And now, I was along for the ride. Armed with Gerry Roach’s Colorado’s Thirteeners, Dave had plotted an arduous and complex route that would allow us to bag four of the necessary high 13’ers in the San Juans in a single long weekend...

READ the rest of the feature HERE:

http://www.elevationoutdoors.com/....php/peak-obsession/

Not my cup of pustulous sweaty sock tea, but who am I to judge? Fun little article; thanks for posting it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook