RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

figurenine

Jun 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1654 views)
Shortcut

looking for twin cities partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I'm a college student in the south metro, home for the summer, and dying to climb with someone who actually knows what they're doing (i can only take my non-climbing friends so much). I am especially looking for someone to do trad leading with. I have a full rack and can lead up to 5.10+ on gear. The obvious destination choice is taylor's falls, but I would also like to go to willow river and red wing

(This post was edited by figurenine on Jun 11, 2010, 12:06 AM)

chadnsc

Jun 12, 2010, 5:45 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1630 views)
Shortcut

Re: [figurenine] looking for twin cities partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

While I can't help you with a local climbing partner in the metro area (I'm up in Duluth) I am more than willing to climb with you at Taylors if you like.

As for local climbing partners you may want to check out the MNclimbers group on Facebook. The people in that group are very friendly and the MCA post up the majority of its events there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/...p.php?gid=4793349860

In addition to the Facebook group you may also want to check out the Twin Cites Rock Climbing group. While this is bit more of a scheduled outing type group it can also be a good way to meet new partners.

http://www.meetup.com/...imbing-Meetup-Group/

On last thing, don't forget about the North Shore for good .10 trad. I personally like Mystical Mountain and Sawmill Dome.

jkglenn

Jul 21, 2010, 2:28 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [figurenine] looking for twin cities partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

I live in St. Paul and have been looking for a partner all summer. I'm a 5.10 climber and have climbed sport for about 6 years. I've just lately gotten into a little bit of trad. If you're interested let me know!

figurenine

Jul 28, 2010, 2:58 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jkglenn] looking for twin cities partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

I'm thinking of going to red wing on saturday. If you would like to go that would be sweet. private message me if you're interested. anyone else who reads this that would be interested in going to barn bluff this weekend feel free to message me too!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook