RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

scrape

Jun 12, 2010, 1:06 AM
Post #1 of 3 (901 views)
Shortcut

Help me plan a trip to...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some info on bouldering in the western U.S. The time frame is late august to late november, and I'm wondering where to go. The places that have peaked the interest of me and my climbing partner so far are Colorado and California, specifically RMNP and Bishop. We've heard that bishop will be too hot until late September, and have no info on what a good time to visit RMNP is. We both climb around V5 and I'm currently projecting a V7 here in New Engand. We're looking to travel for about two months, any info, tips, etc would be much appreciated. Oh and how much cash would be suggested to go on a two month trip? thanks.

rhythm164

Jun 12, 2010, 1:58 AM
Post #2 of 3 (884 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrape] Help me plan a trip to... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You'll still be chasing shade in Bishop, even in late September. Moneywise, if you could postpone the trip until November, it's cheap and easy. It's all BLM land, and while there are pay camp sites, I normally just drive up into the Buttermilks and rough it. There's groceries in town, a couple descent places to eat and a smattering of hotels from cheapish to not so cheapish. Plus you're close to the Mammoth areas and all the other lesser travelled outlying Bishop crags that are at higher elevation and are climbable sooner on.

Good luck

rome6499

Jun 14, 2010, 1:39 AM
Post #3 of 3 (817 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrape] Help me plan a trip to... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

if u guys want company or another person i'll be down for it. i'm just a beginner in climbing and wanting to experience a journey. i prefer roughin it. let me know if its a possibility.

rome

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook