Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climber from out of town wanting to climb in Squamish....please help!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kothmer

Jun 23, 2010, 4:36 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2721 views)
Shortcut

Climber from out of town wanting to climb in Squamish....please help!  (North_America: Canada: British_Columbia: Squamish)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm new to this site, so I am unsure if this question is alright to ask...so i'm going to ask it anyways.My name is Kelly and I will be visiting friends in Vancouver from June 30th to July 9th. I am looking to climb out in Squamish July 5th and or 6th. I climb in Ontario and have climbed in Kelowna and Alberta, but I would really like the opportunity to climb in Squamish. I just had elbow surgery about a month ago and am still a little soar. I should be climbing at a 5.9 by now. I have contacted a climbing company to take me out for 1 day (8 hrs of training for a high rope type course) They have priced the lesson way too high for me. I was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable company who wont charge that much to take a chill girl out climbing for the day! I promise Ill be a lot of fun! I can bring my own equipment, I just need someone to show me the ropes...ha ha! Please let me know if you can help me out!

Kelly - kellyothmer@gmail.com

hafilax

Jun 23, 2010, 5:03 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kothmer] Climber from out of town wanting to climb in Squamish....please help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Squamish Rock Guides are usually pretty good but I have the feeling that prices for guides is pretty standardized. Try the partner forums here or at http://www.squamishclimbing.com.

BC2VT

Jun 23, 2010, 6:47 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kothmer] Climber from out of town wanting to climb in Squamish....please help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Or you can take a risk and hang out in the Smokebluffs parking lot, look cute and ask for a belay from any group that looks somewhat respectable. We Canadians are rather friendly (and the male climbers love to find female company)

Have fun!

jbone

Jun 23, 2010, 7:04 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I spent a month in Squampton a few years back and I can't recall ever seeing a rope. Invest in a bouldering pad before you go. Not only will you meet some of the best people but you will be able to climb sans-partner any day you want.

clews

Jun 24, 2010, 9:46 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2642 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbone] Climber from out of town wanting to climb in Squamish....please help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jbone wrote:
I spent a month in Squampton a few years back and I can't recall ever seeing a rope.

that's unfortunate

davidbr

Jun 26, 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2610 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kelly -

Finding partners in Squamish is usually pretty easy. Post something on the 'Partners' forum on this site, and one on the 'Partners' forum on Squamishclimbing.com, and your odds are pretty good.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook