Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tradmanclimbs

Jul 6, 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3898 views)
Shortcut

The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT  (North_America: United_States: Vermont: Central_VT: Deer_Leap)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I noticed that some of the info on this site is dead wrong. If you want the real guide to Deer Leap you can see it at www.deersleapvt.com. Thanks, Nick

joeforte

Jul 6, 2010, 4:02 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradmanclimbs] The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I noticed on one of the descriptions: First Free Ascent: FA Nick Goldsmith, rope solo, cleaning and drilling on the lead 7/22/07.

So it was done ground up? Bravo! Mind telling what device/system you use to self belay lead ground up bolting?

tradmanclimbs

Jul 6, 2010, 5:00 PM
Post #3 of 5 (3842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The data base on rc.com is not correct. I have not sure which rout you are looking at but i definatly did not get an FFA of anything hard rope solo. I did put up most of the climbs on the right end on lead but usually had to go back to free them after the bolts were drilled.

I wish the mods would just put a link from the Deer Leap home page directly to the www.deersleapvt.com website. The deersleap site does need a few updates . noteably The Far Side no longer has a dead tree at the start as it ripped out earlier this spring. I noticed that someone called the Pit and Pendulum Pg13 when it is actually G rated..

joeforte

Jul 6, 2010, 8:11 PM
Post #4 of 5 (3814 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradmanclimbs] The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I got that description from the Deer Leap website you suggested. The climb is "The Hard Way". I figured that maybe it was named that because it went ground up, solo, on lead, with a drill.

Is this cliff right behind a hotel on the left as you drive up to Killington?

tradmanclimbs

Jul 7, 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #5 of 5 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] The real Guide to Deer leap Killington VT [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya, i hand drilled it on lead but not free. isa and I got the FFA a day or so later. It goes at 10c not 10a. the easy way is 11a not 10a There is other stuff in the RC.com guide that makes no sense as well. i tried to delete one of the routs that does not even exist but all it did was list me as the last person to edit it??? Someone put Pit an pendulum down as PG13 and its actually G rated on the gear.. whatever i wish there was a way to post a link to the Deer leap site from that page.

the www.deersleapvt.com site is a bit out of date right now as we have been super busy. there are a few new climbs and some old ones have changed a bit. most noteably the dead tree stump at the start of The far side is no longer there. it fell out. the climb in the big cave listed as project was done by Guy alslant as 5.12C2 and is begging for annother serious free attempt. there are some new climbs at and near the Lowwer tier and also to the right of the paking lot. the www.deersleapvt.com site will get updated pretty soon though..

thanks, Nick

(This post was edited by tradmanclimbs on Aug 30, 2010, 12:53 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook