Forums: Climbing Partners: US - MidWest:
Free to climb. Anywhere around or near WI. Anytime. Mon-Thurs... I'm kind of a newb but very willing to learn and go off and explore new places
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

melnet

Jul 14, 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #1 of 3 (483 views)
Shortcut

Free to climb. Anywhere around or near WI. Anytime. Mon-Thurs... I'm kind of a newb but very willing to learn and go off and explore new places
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hey all, I'm Melissa, I'm a college student from the Milwaukee WI area and have been mostly gym climbing for a little over a year now. In the gym I climb 9's solidly and have been working into the 10's. and I boulder at about a V1-V2 level. So far my outdoor experiences have been limited to Devils Lake and Governor Dodge.

At the moment (and most likely for the rest of the summer) The only jobs I have are on the weekends.... leaving the rest of the week. mon-thurs, completly free..... I want to fill up this free time with as much climbing, camping, and overall frolicing, as possible. My current climbing partners are only available for outdoor adventures on weekends and since I usually work.... well... you can see the problem...

Unfortunatly because I work so little.... that leaves very little spending money for me to go off and buy my own rock protection gear so I have none. Though I have been considering getting a rope....

So if your from the SE WI area or are ever passing through Milwaukee on a trip out to Devils Lake or anywhere else in the state and could use one more in your group, let me know. I'd be happy to tag along!!

h-man

Jul 17, 2010, 7:03 AM
Post #2 of 3 (442 views)
Shortcut

Re: [melnet] Free to climb. Anywhere around or near WI. Anytime. Mon-Thurs... I'm kind of a newb but very willing to learn and go off and explore new places [In reply to]
Report this Post

I'll be at Devils Lake on July 21 and I'm looking for a partner. I'd like to do some of the classic moderate trad routes on the East Rampart. Please e-mail me if you might be available. mheilman@mema.net

(This post was edited by h-man on Jul 17, 2010, 7:56 AM)

melnet

Jul 17, 2010, 6:57 PM
Post #3 of 3 (428 views)
Shortcut

Re: [h-man] Free to climb. Anywhere around or near WI. Anytime. Mon-Thurs... I'm kind of a newb but very willing to learn and go off and explore new places [In reply to]
Report this Post

I will actually be there mon & tues, I don't think i'll be available to stay another night into wed. Also, the weather isn't looking too good... already a 40% chance of rain...

I've also never done any trad climbing before, so i'm probably not the best person anyways

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$62.55 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook