RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

trr2ke

Jul 16, 2010, 7:31 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1569 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by trr2ke
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

CSC0321

Jul 16, 2010, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trr2ke] here are the things people need to know about short mountain. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Random

dugl33

Jul 16, 2010, 6:54 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1509 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trr2ke] here are the things people need to know about short mountain. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trr2ke wrote:
first off, access is generally controlled by the bible camp that resides on the mountain. as far as if they actually "own" the mountain is questionable at best. i've never had a confrontation with these people but i've run into them on a few occasions and they have never said a thing to me personally. there are alot of horse trails all around the mountain as well as 4x4 trails.

as of late, alot of no trespassing signs have been put up, frankly in my situation they have not been enforced.

if you want to find out how to get there try map questing:
650 Bible Camp Road
Woodbury, TN 37190-531
(address of bible camp)

then keep driving up the road until you get to the top of the mountain, when the grade of the road levels out turn left at the first chance (next to a fence), you'll notice the road quickly turns into a mud pit, if you walk through this and back down a 4x4 trail that heads back down the mountain (the one to the left, through the woods) it will take you to the main cliff line. keep walking straight you cant miss it.

if instead you keep driving to the very end you can park next to a turn around outside a fenced in radio tower, walk to the left of the fence and take a trail that will take you to some excellent bouldering.

there is really stuff all over the mountain, but thoes are the two most important spots.
viva la resistance!

You might be able to pick up a parcel map online or from the county assessors office. Might be nice to know.

If you join in on the whole dancing with rattlesnakes thing I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms. Just have an escape / extraction plan before infiltrating the camp.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook