Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Guide Kho tao
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rieddk

Jul 19, 2010, 3:07 AM
Post #1 of 2 (957 views)
Shortcut

Guide Kho tao  (Asia: Thailand: Southern_Provinces: Koh_Tao)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi

My girlfriend and I are hitting kho Tao in a few days. We want to go climb, but we're fairly new to rock climbing (have done a little bit of leading, but mostly indoor bouldering). We want to hire a guide. Any suggestions on where to go?

Mathias

haole1

Jul 20, 2010, 3:42 PM
Post #2 of 2 (917 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rieddk] Guide Kho tao [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Definitely check out the folks at Good Time Adventures: gtadventures.com They are located right on Sairee beach, the next main beach up from Mae Haad. I was just there about 2 weeks ago and had a great time climbing with the guys there. Some top roping and sport leading the first day (Car Jack) and then some bouldering in the secret garden area on the second day (Chiropractor). I wish I could have stayed longer and seen some more of the rocks on Koh Tao. It was short but sweet. the rock is sharp, but so pretty. took a chunk out of my finger on one of the first boulders the second day! The gtadventures outfit also has a nice little bar/restaurant with some really tasty stuff on the menu. and Beer Lao Dark - best beer I had in Thailand and didn't find it anywhere else!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$24.26 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook