Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

severin

May 20, 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #1 of 8 (5653 views)
Shortcut

bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai  (Asia: India: New_Delhi)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

during my recent two month stay in delhi i created a few boulder problems at the old rocks of lado sarai. some are defined according the notes on the topo while others are straight forward. it might well be that some of those have been climbed already nevertheless i had fun to give them names and grade them although it is not easy to give fair gradings when temperatures hover around 40C... so if you feel the gradings are totally unappropriate just disregard them, enjoy climbing the boulders and have fun!
Attachments: lado sarai_old rocks_boulder-topo.pdf (137 KB)

chackz

Jul 7, 2010, 2:06 AM
Post #2 of 8 (5578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [severin] bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi severin,

Thanks for the info man....I have never been to this place....are there more boulders around or there are only those that are shown in the topo of yours?

Thanks ...i am going to delhi in august.....

chacko

severin

Jul 13, 2010, 2:29 AM
Post #3 of 8 (5540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chackz] bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi chacko

unfortunately there is no more boulders downtown delhi. i highballed some of the routes at the PBG-wall, this was the only other option i saw. but be aware that if something goes wrong nobody will find you back there in the bushes...Pirate. looking at the guidebook i can imagine that there could also be some boulders at dhaui, but i didn't have the chance to visit this area.

Yaduraj

Jul 21, 2010, 1:07 AM
Post #4 of 8 (5502 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey! Im a student in the UK (16years old) and just got back to home in delhi and desperate to go climbing!
I read your posts about lado sarai and was wondering do you need a proper boulder mat etc or is it not that dangerous?
Also any other places recommended (prefer indoors at this time Angelic )? Has the IMF indoor wall opened to general public?
Thanks a lot!

severin

Jul 21, 2010, 2:56 AM
Post #5 of 8 (5489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Yaduraj] bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi yaduraj.
the good point about bouldering at lado saraj is that you can do without a crashpad, but of course if you have one: even better! the "impact zones" are pretty even ground. for highballing at the PBG-wall a crash pad is definitely an advantage.
at the IMF they were still working at the new wall (outdoor) in may, maybe they finished by now. apart from that there is another outdoor wall on the ramjas ground (Ramjas Sports & Mountaineering Institute, 36/17, west patel nagar) but it looks to be in a bad condition. another one is located in the hotel "legend inn" (E-4 East Of Kailash, Delhi-110065) http://www.thelegendinn.com/index.htmlbut i never visited this one.

Yaduraj

Jul 21, 2010, 5:00 AM
Post #6 of 8 (5478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks a lot for the quick and informative reply!
Apparently IMF inaugurated a new indoor climbing wall on the 12th of July on their main office grounds. They still havent opened it to the public, I called them and they said its probably opening sometime in the first week of august! Should be good hopefully! Smile
Same for the outdoor wall apparently. Not sure though, the lady on the phone was very vague and in a major rush to go off it...!
Also I emailed the Hotel ages ago but they never replied. Would they allow anyone to use the wall?? I'd have thought it would be a guest only facility..
Thanks again mate!

atlantis

Jul 26, 2010, 5:42 AM
Post #7 of 8 (5437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Yaduraj] bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

@yaduraj & severin n anyone else who can help

Hi, I'm a journalist, looking to do a feature on rock climbing/bouldering in the city (Delhi) and wanted to know if you guys could help me out a bit with some details... I've sent private messages to you guys, would be great if you could get back to me. Thanks

anuraagt

Sep 13, 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #8 of 8 (5340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atlantis] bouldering at the old rocks, lado sarai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys,

My friend and I checked out the IMF wall on Sunday - it's awesome! Open, lots of really cool routes, super high. Looks just amazing. Super quiet, nice area too.

We'll be getting out there with our newbies group over the next few weeks. We're trying to pass on the basics of climbing to about a half dozen folks or so.

So if you'd like to join us, we'll do trips and lots of climbing nearby, call me - Anuraag, 96542-09060.

-anuraag

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook