Forums: Climbing Partners: US - MidWest:
Looking for a partner in N. Ohio July 31st...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

juliebikes8

Jul 22, 2010, 7:17 AM
Post #1 of 3 (978 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a partner in N. Ohio July 31st...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hey, I live in Boulder, CO, and I'm heading to the Cleveland area for my cousin's wedding. PLEASE, help me have a distraction from the family...anyone?

I love climbing, and would love to check out the area's routes! I spent 16 years in Parma, but haven't been back for a while...

lena_chita

Jul 22, 2010, 1:55 PM
Post #2 of 3 (973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [juliebikes8] Looking for a partner in N. Ohio July 31st... [In reply to]
Report this Post

"Area Routes"? Wink You lived in the area, you should know that there isn't much in terms of routes around here, unless you mean gym routes.

Come to Cleveland Rock Gym if you have a few hours free.

There is some local bouldering at Brecksville and Elyria, but hard to find without a local. (45 min-1 hour drive, depending on where you are in Cleveland)

There are some short sport routes and bouldering at Logtown Quarry, about 1.5 hours from Cleveland.

There is some bouldering and toproping-- at Hinckley Metroparks Reservation (45 min-1 hr). Normally a pain if you go on your own because you have to anchor to trees, and it takes a while to go around, set up a toprope, climb one route and then repeat taking the anchor down and making a new one for another route... the best way to go there is with a bunch of people, so everyone sets up ropes on different climb and then spends the day toproping everything. But you might be in luck-- the gym organizes some day trips there, with people in charge setting up a bunch of topropes for everyone to use. I don't remember off the top of my head, but if you call the gym they would tell you the complete list of Hinckley trip days. You do have to be certified to belay at CRG before you are allowed to participate in gym-organized trips, so stop by the gym and take a quick belay test if you want to participate.

charley

Aug 4, 2010, 1:15 PM
Post #3 of 3 (929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Looking for a partner in N. Ohio July 31st... [In reply to]
Report this Post

I hope you got to climb a day. I am sure you will now appreciate what you have in boulder. I had a friend in the boulder area once tell me he was at the top of a climb looking around at hundreds of places to climb. It is not like that here.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook