Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Looking for a partner this weekend (August14/15) Joy (5.5, 10p), Mt Indefatigable, Kananaskis
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

wongpong

Aug 11, 2010, 3:18 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a partner this weekend (August14/15) Joy (5.5, 10p), Mt Indefatigable, Kananaskis
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for a partner this weekend for this route, if the weather is nice. I have one rack only and I have never trad climb before so somebody with experience would be nice.

If interested please Text me: 403 808 0197.

PS: any info on the route would be nice

Joy Route (5.5, 10p), Mt Indefatigable, Kananaskis

wongpong

Aug 12, 2010, 2:55 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wongpong] Looking for a partner this weekend (August14/15) Joy (5.5, 10p), Mt Indefatigable, Kananaskis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Again, weather looks OK this weekend! I'm flexible to other climbs. Mainly I just want to get out there and climb something. Is there anyone serious about climbing?

the_climber

Aug 12, 2010, 5:15 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wongpong] Looking for a partner this weekend (August14/15) Joy (5.5, 10p), Mt Indefatigable, Kananaskis [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't underestimate the length of Joy, or the length of the decent. 5.4 if you break out from the corner when the going get tough, 5.6 if you stick to the corner the whole way.
You will also find a distinct lack of bolted belays on the route, keep that in mind for bailing.
Parties get benighted on that route every year.

Oh, and pay heed to the warnings of avoiding that slab on windy days.

Did I mention the bears? Just something to be aware of... the decent gullies are in prime Grizzly habitat (I've seen fresh digs and/or steaming piles of $hite almost every time I've been down that decent) and there has been a lot of activity in that area this year.

Great route. Climb safe.

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook