Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

MikeyD

Aug 30, 2010, 3:31 PM
Post #1 of 63 (21478 views)
Shortcut

Pro Deal resole scammed
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, its taken me a while to accept this but I'll admit it. I've been scammed by Pro Deal Resole. I sent in my 2 favorite pairs of shoes at the end of July and haven't heard a word from them. I've called and emailed but it seems to me that their done.
Frown

can anyone confirm this? I'd love to drive over to Pueblo, CO and knock on their door but I'm a few states away.

So what now? i'm sure there are a few others out there who are in this same predicament. I'm pissed off and now shoe-less. I am also worried that someone will suddenly find the shoes with the order form and credit card information and go on a spending spree.
Anyone out there thats been scammed by pro deal, have you been charged for the resole???

wonderwoman

Aug 30, 2010, 3:35 PM
Post #2 of 63 (21470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MikeyD] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Say it ain't so! I just sent two pairs of shoes there!

Partner macherry

Aug 30, 2010, 3:51 PM
Post #3 of 63 (21438 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MikeyD wrote:
Well, its taken me a while to accept this but I'll admit it. I've been scammed by Pro Deal Resole. I sent in my 2 favorite pairs of shoes at the end of July and haven't heard a word from them. I've called and emailed but it seems to me that their done.
Frown

can anyone confirm this? I'd love to drive over to Pueblo, CO and knock on their door but I'm a few states away.

So what now? i'm sure there are a few others out there who are in this same predicament. I'm pissed off and now shoe-less. I am also worried that someone will suddenly find the shoes with the order form and credit card information and go on a spending spree.
Anyone out there thats been scammed by pro deal, have you been charged for the resole???

that's not that long of time period. don't write them off yet

MikeyD

Aug 30, 2010, 4:00 PM
Post #4 of 63 (21422 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i agree the time period isn't that long, but i've gotten absolutely no response from them when trying to contact. they don't answer the phone, the voice mail box is full, no response to leaving my number, and they don't respond to emails.

skellie

Aug 30, 2010, 4:07 PM
Post #5 of 63 (21411 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I sent them a "trial" pair of shoes, prolly a year and a half ago. Same deal, never heard from them, couldn't contact, website had expired. I gave up. Then one day, probably 4 months after i sent the shoes out, they came back, resoled and ready to go! I don't know what goes on with these people. I don't think i ever got charged...

I now use Rock&Resole-they're great and fast turnaround!

Glad to see a thread i could actually help someone with!

(This post was edited by skellie on Aug 30, 2010, 4:08 PM)

wonderwoman

Aug 30, 2010, 4:17 PM
Post #6 of 63 (21394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skellie] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I used them because my husband got his back within 2 weeks. My shoes have only been gone for 1 week. I'll let you guys know how things turn out. I am crossing my fingers!

cfnubbler

Sep 1, 2010, 1:51 PM
Post #7 of 63 (21199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A month isn't that long??? At minimum its extremely slow and very poor custumer service. I generally have resoled shoes back in my hands in 2 weeks.

Partner j_ung

Sep 1, 2010, 3:51 PM
Post #8 of 63 (21131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cfnubbler] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pro Deal = wildly inconsistent at best. Filed away for later.

Partner xtrmecat

Sep 1, 2010, 4:36 PM
Post #9 of 63 (21089 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cfnubbler wrote:
A month isn't that long??? At minimum its extremely slow and very poor custumer service. I generally have resoled shoes back in my hands in 2 weeks.

No, a month is not that long. Too many in this country have grown accustomed to instant gratification, and chastise any practice that doesn't do so. Six weeks would be normal during peak season, and maybe a little slow in the off season. I got my rock boots done in about three and a half weeks in April/May and considered it about normal, and I do a bunch of business with the shop(not Pro Deal).

I also think blowing the whistle on the inturdnet about an unconfirmed "scammed" is equally lame. Of course in your prior contact with them, you confirmed the details and a delivery time, didn't you? I am sure they are just sitting by the phone answering their e-mail as it downloads during the best time of their outdoor season as well.

I worked out the details with The Rubber Room prior to sending them my shoes for an upcoming trip, when they didn't deliver I called them and reminded them of the details. They delivered three weeks late and were pissy about it, and the shoes delammed, so they will get that for a recomendation any time any one brings up the topic. Shoddy practices, and worse work.

Bob

cfnubbler

Sep 1, 2010, 4:38 PM
Post #10 of 63 (21085 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xtrmecat] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xtrmecat wrote:
cfnubbler wrote:

No, a month is not that long. Too many in this country have grown accustomed to instant gratification, and chastise any practice that doesn't do so. Six weeks would be normal during peak season, and maybe a little slow in the off season. I got my rock boots done in about three and a half weeks in April/May and considered it about normal, and I do a bunch of business with the shop(not Pro Deal).

I also think blowing the whistle on the inturdnet about an unconfirmed "scammed" is equally lame. Of course in your prior contact with them, you confirmed the details and a delivery time, didn't you? I am sure they are just sitting by the phone answering their e-mail as it downloads during the best time of their outdoor season as well.

I worked out the details with The Rubber Room prior to sending them my shoes for an upcoming trip, when they didn't deliver I called them and reminded them of the details. They delivered three weeks late and were pissy about it, and the shoes delammed, so they will get that for a recomendation any time any one brings up the topic. Shoddy practices, and worse work.

Bob

I don't condone online whistle blowing, but if 4-6 weeks is normal, you folks are doing business with the wrong resolers. There's considerable difference between "instant gratification" and expecting solid service. YMMV.

(This post was edited by cfnubbler on Sep 1, 2010, 4:39 PM)

boadman

Sep 1, 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #11 of 63 (21063 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rock and resole gets them back to you in a week. Over a month is a really long time.

spikeddem

Sep 1, 2010, 5:03 PM
Post #12 of 63 (21058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

cfnubbler wrote:
xtrmecat wrote:
cfnubbler wrote:

Bob

I don't condone online whistle blowing, but if 4-6 weeks is normal, you folks are doing business with the wrong resolers. There's considerable difference between "instant gratification" and expecting solid service. YMMV.

At the very least customers can reasonably expect a responses to e-mails within 2 business days. It's not so much an issue with the shoes as it having no fucking idea what's going on with them. A damn 10 second response e-mail would fix that.

Gmburns2000

Sep 1, 2010, 5:14 PM
Post #13 of 63 (21045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I went with yosemite bum this spring and highly recommend them to anyone. they only do the mad rock rubber, but they had excellent communication with me regarding the work they were going to do (even after I sent them in with instructions they e-mailed me on their own to let me know what they though should be done), and their website even gives an estimate for how long it'll take. The length of time varies by season, of course.

two weeks isn't so bad in my mind, but not responding to e-mails or phone calls is poor form.

caughtinside

Sep 1, 2010, 5:19 PM
Post #14 of 63 (21037 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I went with yosemite bum this spring and highly recommend them to anyone. they only do the mad rock rubber, but they had excellent communication with me regarding the work they were going to do (even after I sent them in with instructions they e-mailed me on their own to let me know what they though should be done), and their website even gives an estimate for how long it'll take. The length of time varies by season, of course.

two weeks isn't so bad in my mind, but not responding to e-mails or phone calls is poor form.

YB uses Trax rubber, the evolv stuff.

I used them for a while. They are responsive, helpful, and do decent work. They do say what the turn around time is on their website.

They aren't the best though. I had some issues with cracked midsoles, and they didn't address it. The guy I use now does.

With regard to time, I think 2-3 weeks is normal turnaround. It can seem longer because 2 ways in the mail. I run lots of pairs of shoes though, so I could really go 6 months or more without getting them back.

Gmburns2000

Sep 1, 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #15 of 63 (21025 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I used them for a while. They are responsive, helpful, and do decent work. They do say what the turn around time is on their website.

They aren't the best though. I had some issues with cracked midsoles, and they didn't address it. The guy I use now does.

With regard to time, I think 2-3 weeks is normal turnaround. It can seem longer because 2 ways in the mail. I run lots of pairs of shoes though, so I could really go 6 months or more without getting them back.

yup, that's what they use. thanks for the fixing the old mental block. Wink

stevsmit17

Sep 16, 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #16 of 63 (20818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hey man,

I have had very similar dealings with them. Below is the last email I sent them and a summary of our dealings. Sorry you lost two pairs of shoes.

Benet,

This is Steve Smith from Durango with the Muiras. On the 3rd of September I received a text from you saying the shoes would be done tomorrow and in the mail and I have still not received them. The previous day I had asked my credit card company to retract the payment issued to you on the 17th of August because of your failure to deliver the product. I do not know if you were aware of this when you sent the text but I imagine you are by now. I would like to have this situation resolved in a way that is good for both of us. What I would like to happen is 1) for me to receive my shoes, resoled well and 2) for me to send you a check for a reduced fee, perhaps half of what you were going to charge(22 instead of 44) considering what a significant inconvenience this entire process has been for me.

I realize at this point I don't have a tremendous amount of leverage in our dealings because you have my shoes and I have nothing of yours. However, you do have your reputation as a business person. If I don't have my shoes by this Wednesday the 15th or you haven't contacted me and provided another acceptable resolution I will post the following on Mountain Project, rockclimbing.com and supertopo.com.

"Horrible Resole Experience with Pro Deal resoles"

Hey all,
I am writing to share my horrible experience with Pro Deal Resoles so that others may not have a similar experience and because I have no other recourse in dealing with this company. I sent my shoes to be resoled around the 8th of June in anticipation I'd have them back for a trip the second week of July. On the Pro Deal website it said expect a turnaround of 2-3 weeks. I did not receive them prior to the trip so when I returned I sent an email on the 12th of July. I received a prompt reply on that same day stating that the shoes would be done and in the mail in 5-6 days. I took another trip and when I returned in the beginning of August they still were not at my house. On the 6th of August I sent another email asking about the status of my order. There was no reply. On the 16th of August I sent another email asking that they be returned to me the next day regardless of whether or not the work was done. I did not receive a reply but the next day my credit card was charged. Another ten days went by and I had still not received my shoes so I called Pro Deal several times and left messages at least twice. I was not contacted for several days so I called my credit card company and had them cancel the payment. Then on the 3rd of September I received a text message saying that he had been very busy, was sorry and that they would be in the mail the next day. On the 11th of September I still had not received my shoes so I sent Pro Deal Resoles one more email asking about the status of my shoes, stating that I would like to send them a check for part of the initial charge if I received my shoes and stating that if I did not have my shoes or hear from them with a resolution by Wednesday the 15th I would post this description of my dealings with them online. Clearly, because I have posted this, Pro Deal did not return me my shoes or offer another resolution to the situation. I have had a pair of shoes resoled before by Pro Deal and they did do a good job. However, the length of this process combined with the poor communication on their part(not to mention the loss of a pair of shoes and being charged for an undelivered service) is more than enough reason to never do business with them again regardless of the quality and price of their work.

Steve Smith
Durango, CO

wonderwoman

Sep 16, 2010, 1:10 PM
Post #17 of 63 (20795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stevsmit17] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bummer! I wonder if I'll get my two pairs of shoes back at all? I sent mine out a week before the OP started this thread. I then emailed them to ask if they had my shoes. They have not yet replied.

I still hope that my experience will be better than what I have heard so far.

gblauer

Sep 16, 2010, 1:58 PM
Post #18 of 63 (20749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I always send my shoes to Evolv for re-sole. They are prompt, excellent service and reasonably priced.

whipper

Sep 16, 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #19 of 63 (20674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Same thing here. They have 2 pairs of shoes from us that we have not seen in about 4 weeks. It kinda sucks, wouldn't mind the shoes back. We have called and emailed, with no response what so ever.

The owners name is Benet Michael Stricca, I will try to dig up some more info on him, I bet we can make his life suck enough to get some shoes back.

milesenoell

Sep 16, 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #20 of 63 (20640 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

gblauer wrote:
I always send my shoes to Evolv for re-sole. They are prompt, excellent service and reasonably priced.

I'm glad to hear people saying that they like Yosemite Bum/Evolv, as I sent them a pair of my shoes.

They actually already resoled them once and sent them back, only to have one of the resoles go bad immediately. It just smeared and ripped off -- looked like it had been put on paper thin and not glued effectively. They agreed to redo it, so I sent the shoes back in and never heard from them. When I called three weeks later to see where they were they said they didn't have them.

Luckily I paid for a "return receipt requested" slip and had tracking info. The post office records show it as having been delivered, but Jeff from Evolv had this long story about how their packages get delivered to other people. He claims that the post office is to blame and told me to file a claim with the USPS. Meanwhile I've had no shoes all summer.

This sucks. I'm pretty annoyed, but not sure who deserves my anger or if this is just a "tough shit" kind of thing.

socalclimber

Sep 16, 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #21 of 63 (20615 views)
Shortcut

Re: [milesenoell] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Two others to consider that do excellent work: Positive Resoles who used to be here in Josh but has now moved their operations to Colorado, and Pat Dennis here in Josh who filled the Gap when Positive Resoles left town. Both are excellent, responsive folks and will do an excellent job. I'm not sure if locker (Positive Resoles) is up and running yet since his move, but Pat is in full swing. Contact Nomad Ventures in Joshua Tree for details. Both usually take about 2 to 3 weeks, and actually return calls.

wonderwoman

Oct 22, 2010, 7:27 PM
Post #22 of 63 (20301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [whipper] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, has anyone gotten their shoes back? Mine two pairs are MIA.

betainverse

Oct 25, 2010, 1:41 PM
Post #23 of 63 (20087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I sent my shoes in for resole several months ago, by USPS with return receipt requested. According to USPS, they were delivered at 9:07 am on June 25, 2010. I have tried calling and emailing, and have never gotten any kind of response. I filed a complaint with the Souther Colorodo Better Business Bureau. Pro Deal never responded to their first notification, and the BBB sent a reminder today.

I just want my shoes back, resoled or not.

If they're so backlogged with resoling work that they don't have time to respond to customer questions, they need to set up an "away from email" style automatic reply to let customers know to expect a 4-month delay or whatever. Because even bad news is better than no news. If I knew I would have to wait another six months, I could make peace with that. Instead, I think these guys are slimy thieves.

jakedatc

Oct 26, 2010, 2:36 PM
Post #24 of 63 (19981 views)
Shortcut

Re: [betainverse] Pro Deal resole scammed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sucks... 2.5 weeks home to home for Rock and Resole from E. Coast.

grego

Oct 26, 2010, 5:08 PM
Post #25 of 63 (19910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll add my data point. My shoes arrived at ProDeal about August 7th and I:
Haven't gotten them back
Haven't been able to get an email response
Haven't been able to get a phone response
Have been charged (that happened fairly quickly)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook