Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Lost Rope
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

sirdrinksalot

Sep 2, 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2245 views)
Shortcut

Lost Rope  (North_America: United_States: New_York: Upstate: The_Gunks: The_Trapps)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yep, lost a rope. Left it at the base of Sixish this past Sunday afternoon. We had to leave in a hurry and, well, that sucks.

There were several people around. I assumed that it would have been turned in at the mountain house, but it hasn't been yet.

If anybody is aware of a rope being found there and then, I'd sure appreciate the help and will reward you with cheeseburgers, hugs, handshakes, and beer. And who knows what the universe will deliver you in karma!

Thanks.
Jonni

rangerrob

Sep 2, 2010, 4:47 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sirdrinksalot] Lost Rope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If someone just kept a rope they found then they deserve all the bad climbing mojo they get. I think most every climber would at least make an attempt to find the rightful owner. It's not like finding a #7 stopper. Check with the Visitors Center, then check with Rock and Snow.

mojomonkey

Sep 2, 2010, 8:54 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2195 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sirdrinksalot wrote:
I assumed that it would have been turned in at the mountain house, but it hasn't been yet.

Not sure if that is a slip of the keyboard, or if you are actually checking in with the Mohonk Mountain House instead of the Mohonk Preserve. Try the preserve, (845) 255-0919. And maybe someone left a note on the bulletin board.

gunkiemike

Sep 2, 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cross-posted this on gunks.com too. I hope you get the cord back.

sirdrinksalot

Sep 2, 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2149 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the tips and all. I called Rock and Snow last Sunday when I returned to NYC. They hadn't heard anything but they gave me the same number. I left a message and they don't seem to mind when I check in. I haven't been able to get back to the traps yet so looking at the board is out of the question for me.

On the bright side: That was my first trip to the Gunks and the place is fantastic! Thinking about getting back and leading some routes is keeping me motivated to work out in the gym.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook