RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

aireq

Sep 5, 2010, 7:23 PM
Post #1 of 1 (682 views)
Shortcut

Need advice on training schedule and exercises
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd like to get some suggestions on my training schedule and any exercises I should be doing in addition to climbing.

For a while now I've been going to my climbing gym three days a week (tue, thur, sunday) to boulder for about an hour. But my gym also has a good selection of other workout equipment, as well as cardio equipment that I'm not taking advantage of.

Honestly, I'm probably more interested in just getting in shape then become a better climber. I just like going to a climbing gym because it's so much more fun then just lifting weights at a regular gym. Plus I like how climbing works your entire body, including all the little stabilizing muscles.

So I'm wondering what other exercises should I be doing in addition to bouldering? On days that I am climbing how long should I climb? With weight lifting I know it's recommended to keep a workout between 1 and 2 hours. Does this apply to bouldering, which is also very anaerobic, as well? If I do other exercises should they be done before or after climbing, or on separate days?

Obviously grading at gyms vary, but right now I'm climbing around V3 if that gives any indication of my level of fitness and or skill level.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook