Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Chema23

Sep 11, 2010, 8:10 PM
Post #1 of 28 (10430 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Chema23
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  

strangeday

Sep 11, 2010, 8:26 PM
Post #2 of 28 (10419 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Chema23] Who the f**k steals a pad from under a project? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

That's why pads have backpack straps on them... To carry them out. If you left it "stashed" that's called littering, and it's fair game and called "booty". Carry out your f$&@ing pads!!

potreroed

Sep 11, 2010, 8:33 PM
Post #3 of 28 (10410 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

Serves you right for being so lazy--no sympathy here.

Partner camhead

Sep 11, 2010, 9:04 PM
Post #4 of 28 (10381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] Who the f**k steals a pad from under a project? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Man, I am leaning toward agreeing with Potreroed and the others; not a lot of sympathy. This is similar to someone's project draws being stolen, which is lame, but I think that leaving a bouldering pad under a project is definitely more sloppy and lazy than leaving project draws on a steep route.

Chema23

Sep 11, 2010, 9:09 PM
Post #5 of 28 (10378 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Chema23 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  

milesenoell

Sep 11, 2010, 9:51 PM
Post #6 of 28 (10345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
If it's fair game then why did they leave my other pad that had a phone number spray painted on it?
Sorry I'm not trying to argue, you have a valid point. I just figured I knew all the local climbers, I mean the population is 2000, and it's not a well known area (if you could even call it an area, haha).
It's not laziness. I was leaving it for other people to use too if they needed it too (I know people who really appreciated using it), and pads don't fit well on motorcycles. I generally think pretty highly of climbers, as a sharing and trustworthy community.

Think about what you guys are saying... "It serves [me] right," haha, seriously?! That hurts, man. I bet if I wasn't just some anonymous chump on the internet you'd have a lot more compassion. I'm sure you guys aren't that rude in person! What's funny is of all the people I've told about this, only one responded they way you guys did: my old boss, and he's is an ASSHOLE! But you guys probably aren't [read with sinceritySmile].

Look, the point of the post was to see if I could get my pad back. I understand that it's my fault it's gone. But if I can get it back, one little post is worth the $300 I paid for it, and someone will feel like they did a good deed.
I just hope that wherever it is it's getting good use.Tongue

The take-away message here is that leaving your pad isn't standard operating procedure, so having it take off isn't really a breach of etiquette.

On the other hand, I'm a lot like you and tend to take dumb risks because most of the time I don't get burned and it helps me tell myself cute little lies about how wonderful the world is. I still rarely lock my house or car, but I'm no longer silly enough to feel like it was somebody else's fault when I get burned.

edge

Sep 11, 2010, 9:58 PM
Post #7 of 28 (10340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
If it's fair game then why did they leave my other pad that had a phone number spray painted on it?
Sorry I'm not trying to argue, you have a valid point. I just figured I knew all the local climbers, I mean the population is 2000, and it's not a well known area (if you could even call it an area, haha).
It's not laziness. I was leaving it for other people to use too if they needed it too (I know people who really appreciated using it), and pads don't fit well on motorcycles. I generally think pretty highly of climbers, as a sharing and trustworthy community.

Think about what you guys are saying... "It serves [me] right," haha, seriously?! That hurts, man. I bet if I wasn't just some anonymous chump on the internet you'd have a lot more compassion. I'm sure you guys aren't that rude in person! What's funny is of all the people I've told about this, only one responded they way you guys did: my old boss, and he's is an ASSHOLE! But you guys probably aren't [read with sinceritySmile].

Look, the point of the post was to see if I could get my pad back. I understand that it's my fault it's gone. But if I can get it back, one little post is worth the $300 I paid for it, and someone will feel like they did a good deed.
I just hope that wherever it is it's getting good use.Tongue

For all you know some homeless person took it so that they might have a soft place to lay down. Don't be so quick to assume that it was a fellow climber.

And yes, "carry in, carry out" refers to more than trash. Leave it the way you found it, or even cleaner. Basically that means no stashed pads as well.

KeitaroHoshi

Sep 11, 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #8 of 28 (10322 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am sorry to here about that. It seems that selfishness is to blame. I can offer you my sympathy. Please tell us about the project. Grade and height and holds and all that fun stuff. Maybe one day we can go half on a pad and have a great time sending incredible lines.

Chema23

Sep 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #9 of 28 (10321 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

johnwesely

Sep 11, 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #10 of 28 (10297 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
milesenoell wrote:
The take-away message here is that leaving your pad isn't standard operating procedure, so having it take off isn't really a breach of etiquette.

On the other hand, I'm a lot like you and tend to take dumb risks because most of the time I don't get burned and it helps me tell myself cute little lies about how wonderful the world is. I still rarely lock my house or car, but I'm no longer silly enough to feel like it was somebody else's fault when I get burned.

Yeah, I thought about leaving a note on it saying feel free to use, just leave it in the area.

I'm all about LNT, but I'd be stoked if I went to bouldering and the locals had left some community pads to be shared.

Then you are not all about LNT.

milesenoell

Sep 11, 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #11 of 28 (10282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Dude, seriously.

Having rocks be your living room has obvious and significant appeal, but nothing to do with leave no trace.

To even mention it in this context is absurd.

subantz

Sep 11, 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #12 of 28 (10271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
Someone accidentally took (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) my green Metolius Behemoth crash pad that I was stashing under my project by north beach in McCall.
If it was you, or you think you might know who it was, tell them that I am a human being with feelings (that are now hurt) and that I would like it back or at least some minor compensation so I can get another pad. Unsure
Please help restore my faith, if not in humanity, then at least in climbers.

Thanks
Smile

Hey Dipshit

WHO THE FUCK LEAVES A PAD UNDER A PROJECT!!
Lazy lazy person Carry your crap out.
So now its booty and fair game
Even bums whoa need a nice mattresses..

Chema23

Sep 11, 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #13 of 28 (10264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

subantz

Sep 11, 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #14 of 28 (10255 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
KeitaroHoshi wrote:
I am sorry to here about that. It seems that selfishness is to blame. I can offer you my sympathy. Please tell us about the project. Grade and height and holds and all that fun stuff. Maybe one day we can go half on a pad and have a great time sending incredible lines.

Haha, thanks man. That's refreshing! Wink

The problem is so cool! It's a REALLY steep granite roof, with a big easy slab on top. The slab starts about 4 feet off the ground, but the roof starts 30 feet back (which makes it great for stashing pads!) There's a sloping ledge that runs the length of the roof, it's really slopey so you have to undercling it as you work your way out, but at a certain point the horrible feet get worse, and your left either getting parallel with the sloping ledge to get a heel on it, or making an almost 6 foot throw to a tiny sloper on the lip of the roof from your undercling position, hard compression is the only way the tiny sloper is even usable. I opted for the throw, then from there you can work your right hand and heel up the slopey ledge to the lip of the roof. At this point you have to work your hands up small irregular seams in the slab as you drag your heel out the remainder of the ledge until you can get all mantley on that b!tch and run up the slab for the win.
The day that I discovered someone had adopted my pad I was able to get the send of the easy version (skipping the elitist first 10 feet or so) and coming in at V5/6, but I'm sure half the opinionated gentlemen who have been posting here would have something to say about that too, haha, so I'm not even gonna comment on what I think the whole thing is. Oh, man, I'm just asking for it now!Tongue

Rookie!!
Ur doin it wrong

Bats

Sep 11, 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #15 of 28 (10254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought they stole the pad while you were on your project. Not cool then... But because you left your pad out there. Sounds like fair game. Sorry for your lost. Learn from it.

jt512

Sep 12, 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #16 of 28 (10240 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What's more boring than a bouldering video? Read on...

Chema23 wrote:
The problem is so cool! It's a REALLY steep granite roof, with a big easy slab on top. The slab starts about 4 feet off the ground, but the roof starts 30 feet back (which makes it great for stashing pads!) There's a sloping ledge that runs the length of the roof, it's really slopey so you have to undercling it as you work your way out, but at a certain point the horrible feet get worse, and your left either getting parallel with the sloping ledge to get a heel on it, or making an almost 6 foot throw to a tiny sloper on the lip of the roof from your undercling position, hard compression is the only way the tiny sloper is even usable. I opted for the throw, then from there you can work your right hand and heel up the slopey ledge to the lip of the roof. At this point you have to work your hands up small irregular seams in the slab as you drag your heel out the remainder of the ledge until you can get all mantley on that b!tch and run up the slab for the win.
The day that I discovered someone had adopted my pad I was able to get the send of the easy version (skipping the elitist first 10 feet or so) and coming in at V5/6, but I'm sure half the opinionated gentlemen who have been posting here would have something to say about that too, haha, so I'm not even gonna comment on what I think the whole thing is. Oh, man, I'm just asking for it now!Tongue

subantz

Sep 12, 2010, 1:03 AM
Post #17 of 28 (10191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Who the f**k steals a pad from under a project? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Spray Face.
I climb V11 so what I crush ice birch boy.
I climb Sik hard.
I ams Sponsored by the PCC. Now what

strangeday

Sep 12, 2010, 1:23 AM
Post #18 of 28 (10177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1.Stoopid ethics question... Check
2.Spray about something nobobody cares about..check
3.all you need now, is to chime about alien cams, and you will have the perfect trifecta as to why I rarely check this site.

Again CARRY YOUR PAD OUT!
BtW, anyone want a sweet deal on a metolius pad...haha

i_h8_choss

Sep 12, 2010, 2:51 AM
Post #19 of 28 (10130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that's some nice booty.

easy to get out too.

no tool needed.

Chema23

Sep 12, 2010, 3:51 PM
Post #20 of 28 (10019 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

johnwesely

Sep 12, 2010, 4:23 PM
Post #21 of 28 (9994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
I am shocked by how rude everyone is! Shocked

Ok, so I did something stupid, can you believe how mean everyone is being about it? Then someone asks for details about the route, so I share that, and get slammed for it!
Ask yourselves: "Would I react this way in person?" Then why are you acting this way online?

I would be embarrassed if I posted something like Subantz's comments.

I was gonna just delete this post because if the person who took the pad happens to read it they certainly won't give it back now, Haha! You guys have surely ruined the purpose of the post.
But I may leave it so that others can see how easily people can be assholes when de-individualized by the anonymity of the un-personal cyberspace "community." What a butchering of the word "community."

I'll own this though, I bet had I made a different thread title people wouldn't have been so rude.
Let's find out...

I can't believe how butthurt you are. You posted up your thread with a tough guy, yet censored title, and pretty much everyone disagreed with you. Now you are acting like a baby. Also, Subantz doesn't need to be embarrassed, as everyone else is embarrassed for him.

marc801

Sep 12, 2010, 4:24 PM
Post #22 of 28 (9993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:

Ok, so I did something stupid, can you believe how mean everyone is being about it? Then someone asks for details about the route, so I share that, and get slammed for it!
Ask yourselves: "Would I react this way in person?" Then why are you acting this way online?

I was gonna just delete this post because if the person who took the pad happens to read it they certainly won't give it back now, Haha! You guys have surely ruined the purpose of the post.
But I may leave it so that others can see how easily people can be assholes when de-individualized by the anonymity of the un-personal cyberspace "community." What a butchering of the word "community."

I'll own this though, I bet had I made a different thread title people wouldn't have been so rude.
Let's find out...
Wow, you don't get what anyone is saying at all!
Try to follow....the majority of climbers object to boulderers stashing pads. It's viewed as a severe form of littering and the height of laziness. If your pad was stolen from your car, you'd probably get a lot more support. But taking a stashed pad is a laudable effort at trash clean-up after a lazy slacker. Your whining about it here is just producing the verbal bitch slap it deserves.

A lot of people here are being "mean" because *you* were so inconsiderate as to leave a big hunk of foam trash at a climbing area that someone else had to clean up.

(This post was edited by marc801 on Sep 12, 2010, 4:35 PM)

jakedatc

Sep 12, 2010, 5:04 PM
Post #23 of 28 (9972 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Who the f**k steals a pad from under a project? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
Chema23 wrote:

Let's find out...
Wow, you don't get what anyone is saying at all!
Try to follow....the majority of climbers object to boulderers stashing pads. It's viewed as a severe form of littering and the height of laziness. If your pad was stolen from your car, you'd probably get a lot more support. But taking a stashed pad is a laudable effort at trash clean-up after a lazy slacker. Your whining about it here is just producing the verbal bitch slap it deserves.

A lot of people here are being "mean" because *you* were so inconsiderate as to leave a big hunk of foam trash at a climbing area that someone else had to clean up.

to clarify.. most climbers including boulderers object to stashing pads. It takes some serious alpine spots to start warranting stashing a pad or 2.. this Mccall place looks right on a beach right off the road. No one i know would stash or agree to stash a pad there.

OP it's like a V8 project. not the next V15 daniel woods testpiece. no one outside your immediate climbing circle gives 2 shits about your little problem. Also, you should be talking to people in your area about your pad.. not on the internet.. especially if you "know everyone"

you made a dumb mistake, posted it on the internet and are surprised that people are laughing at you? Do you think people go "aww i feel bad for him" when some idiot catches himself on fire and posts it on Youtube? no they are laughing their asses off.

Chema23

Sep 12, 2010, 5:16 PM
Post #24 of 28 (9951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Who the f**k steals a pad from under a project? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sorry for having allowed this great site to be littered with so much silly bickering. I feel pretty silly for having participated myself.

I have deleted my posts because they are useless clutter and I encourage the moderators to delete this thread for the same reason.

subantz

Sep 12, 2010, 5:42 PM
Post #25 of 28 (9936 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chema23 wrote:
I'm sorry for having allowed this great site to be littered with so much silly bickering. I feel pretty silly for having participated myself.

I have deleted my posts because they are useless clutter and I encourage the moderators to delete this thread for the same reason.
Nit going to happens Chubs.
And what do I have to be shameful for.
I dont give 2 shits about u or your butt buddy love mattress.
Awesome site sure, right, OK, Your um LOST BUDDY.
Someone gives the retard some money for a bus fair so he may find his way home..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook