RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

ozren

Sep 15, 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #1 of 3 (990 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by ozren
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

buck0land

Sep 15, 2010, 1:08 PM
Post #2 of 3 (966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ozren] debilitating wrist [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I understand your unemployed but have you have considered going to a income based medical clinic to get your wrist looked at. It sounds like you need more help then the internet can provide.

(This post was edited by buck0land on Sep 15, 2010, 1:37 PM)

onceahardman

Sep 15, 2010, 3:30 PM
Post #3 of 3 (942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ozren] debilitating wrist [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your post is difficult to decipher in this format.

In reply to:
Pain started after a night of sleep following a day of no-climbing, it occurred across the inside of my wrist at an intensity that made it very painful to stretch my fingers/hand back as if I was stretching my forearm before climbing.

So, you woke up with anterior wrist pain? is that what you mean by "inside of the wrist?" Or, do you mean the ulnar side?

In reply to:
After a few days of icing and rest that pain went away. I continued to climb for a few weeks, bouldering twice in a row until the pain started to return.

Twice in a row...does that mean two consecutive days?

In reply to:
The pain was located in the centre of the wrist and felt like a dull constant pulsating soreness that came at random points during the day.

So did the location of pain change? And, constant pain is defined as pain that is there all the time, it cannot "come at random points during the day", or else the pain is intermittent, not constant.

In reply to:
During this period I could always provoke the pain by curling my fingers in and flexing my hand back

"curling your fingers" is flexing your fingers. Flexing your wrist", is moving your palm toward your forearm. "extending your wrist", is moving the back of your hand toard the forearm. I don't know what "flexing my hand back" means.

Anyway, many things cause pain with weightbearing through an extended wrist, like pushups. TFCC tear, subluxed carpal, torn carpal lig, carpal fx, avascular necrosis of a carpal, etc. Tough diagnosis without imaging.

In general, if it feels better when you move it,

In reply to:
It feel as if my wrist stops hurting when it is properly warmed up

KEEP IT MOVING, then ice after. ease up on the ibuprofen. Whatever the problem with your wrist, it's fairly certain its not caused by a shortage of ibuprofen in your system, therefore ibuprofen will mask the symptoms, but not cure the injury.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$12.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook