Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
High Rocks Trail Day
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

DtownRockGym

Sep 16, 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #1 of 3 (849 views)
Shortcut

High Rocks Trail Day  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Ralph_Stover_State_Park__aka_High_Rocks_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey there-

We are having a Trail Day at High Rocks on Sept 25 from 9-5. Anyone who wants to join us is invited. Please RSVP and get more info at http://www.doylestownrockgym.com/trail-day.

Thanks for your support...DRG Wink

joeforte

Sep 16, 2010, 5:33 PM
Post #2 of 3 (822 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DtownRockGym] High Rocks Trail Day [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is the same day as the Birdsboro climb and clean, which always draws a big crowd.

I feel like we should have some sort of PA climbers group that organizes things like this. We had a Boxcar Rocks cleanup last weekend and it was a blast. If we planned it right, we could have a cleanup for each area, each weekend in the fall and spring. Just sayin....

DtownRockGym

Sep 16, 2010, 6:09 PM
Post #3 of 3 (818 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] High Rocks Trail Day [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That is a great idea!

We did this one at the request of DCNR because it is National Public Lands Day. There are many events going on this particular weekend because of it so it is inevitable that there be overlap. We are reaching out to many hiking and biking groups as well since this park has a broad base of users.

Also, we did a walk through with a trail guru and DCNR regarding the massive erosion. It is our hope that this will evolve into some long term, park wide projects. If anyone has interest in being a part of future efforts then please let me know.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$2.66 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook