RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

lindsayecho

Sep 18, 2010, 5:03 AM
Post #1 of 11 (4979 views)
Shortcut

Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If anyone in Edmonton is looking for a great place to climb, check out this gym!! Great, knowledgeable staff and a super fun environment.

http://www.climbedmonton.ca

Smile

bustloose

Sep 23, 2010, 7:08 PM
Post #2 of 11 (4895 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lindsayecho] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

really? the "newest" gym? looks like it was built sometime in 1992, by people who have never been climbing...

duncanpurvis

Oct 14, 2010, 2:07 AM
Post #3 of 11 (4792 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bustloose] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bustloose wrote:
really? the "newest" gym? looks like it was built sometime in 1992, by people who have never been climbing...

????

bustloose

Oct 14, 2010, 5:58 PM
Post #4 of 11 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Re: [duncanpurvis] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

duncanpurvis wrote:
bustloose wrote:

????

really, you don't think that's accurate?
go to the website, look at the photos.
then go to the website for say... the Front climbing gym, or Movement, or True North and look at the photos.
yeah. exactly.

Landale

Oct 14, 2010, 7:08 PM
Post #5 of 11 (4742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Typical RC.com post. Negative and mean-spirited. Can you find climbing partners being that sour?
The gyms you referenced have huge $$ behind them and a hefty market that can support such a facility. Let's throw out the cliche' , gyms are businesses and try to make money. What a concept. Can you grasp that? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about since you probably have not built a gym from scratch. It takes some balls. This gym may be relatively modest but who cares. The people who climb there probably enjoy what they have.
Save your pablum for other websites.

duncanpurvis

Oct 15, 2010, 5:37 PM
Post #6 of 11 (4711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my question marks werent really meant to criticize the accuracy of your comments. They were more simply to question why someone would bother to post something that critical. Another user went to the trouble of posting some information that might assist fellow users and the best you could come up with was to belittle the gym and its owners.

Honestly, why would you bother?

bustloose

Oct 15, 2010, 7:08 PM
Post #7 of 11 (4702 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Landale] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Landale wrote:
Typical RC.com post. Negative and mean-spirited. Can you find climbing partners being that sour?
The gyms you referenced have huge $$ behind them and a hefty market that can support such a facility. Let's throw out the cliche' , gyms are businesses and try to make money. What a concept. Can you grasp that? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about since you probably have not built a gym from scratch. It takes some balls. This gym may be relatively modest but who cares. The people who climb there probably enjoy what they have.
Save your pablum for other websites.

oh, don't you worry about me, i have lots of climbing partners thanks.

i have every right to post a comment about a new gym, just as much as you have a right to complain about it. i was simply expressing my surprise that someone would put the time and money in to build a gym, but not the research and effort to make it good.
it is funny that you assume i have never built a gym. i have in fact helped to build two. both a decade older than this *new* gym, and both much, much, much better. the scale is not as important as the design; you can take the concepts from those gyms and replicate them in small scale with different materials - i have seen home walls and co-ops built on tiny budgets that are better.
all you have done with your post is prove that you know less about the industry than i do.
I think that building better gyms gives the entire sport a better image. you can disagree with me if you like, that is of course your right...

Landale

Oct 16, 2010, 4:30 AM
Post #8 of 11 (4672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right dude. You know more than me. I'll let you believe that. Another real productive post. I'm not here to prove anything other than letting you know that negativaty does nothing but make you seem insecure.

macblaze

Oct 16, 2010, 4:42 AM
Post #9 of 11 (4667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bustloose wrote:
... i was simply expressing my surprise that someone would put the time and money in to build a gym, but not the research and effort to make it good. it is funny that you assume i have never built a gym. i have in fact helped to build two. both a decade older than this *new* gym, and both much, much, much better. the scale is not as important as the design; you can take the concepts from those gyms and replicate them in small scale with different materials - i have seen home walls and co-ops built on tiny budgets that are better.
all you have done with your post is prove that you know less about the industry than i do.
I think that building better gyms gives the entire sport a better image. you can disagree with me if you like, that is of course your right...

Sheesh, you could tell all that from a bunch of crappy photos on an admittedly crappy website?

While I have yet to climb at the aforementioned gym, I have walked through it and it actually is pretty well designed for its space. More importantly it serves a pretty good niche in the local market which, as a 'builder of gyms', you must agree is a bit more important than 'biggest and best' in the market place.

Anyway, as many here will admit, when the nearest rock is 3 hours away and winter lasts 7-8 months of the year, any plastic is good plastic.

bustloose

Oct 17, 2010, 3:32 PM
Post #10 of 11 (4633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Landale] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i do beleive that, but i won't let "my insecurities" lead me to writing my resume out for you.

somewhat humourously your post is the classic rc.knob reply - ignore the discussion topic and make a personal attack instead...

bustloose

Oct 17, 2010, 3:37 PM
Post #11 of 11 (4630 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macblaze] Edmonton, AB Climbing Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macblaze wrote:
Sheesh, you could tell all that from a bunch of crappy photos on an admittedly crappy website?

While I have yet to climb at the aforementioned gym, I have walked through it and it actually is pretty well designed for its space. More importantly it serves a pretty good niche in the local market which, as a 'builder of gyms', you must agree is a bit more important than 'biggest and best' in the market place.

Anyway, as many here will admit, when the nearest rock is 3 hours away and winter lasts 7-8 months of the year, any plastic is good plastic.

what is the niche that it fills, i've been to edmonton, and seem to remember 2 pretty good gyms? is it in a better location for a large population base? if so, then sure that's important. but you missed the point of my post. i clearly said that it did NOT have to be the biggest and best, but that you could take those design ideas and make a great gym of any size and shape.

take some better photos then and show that i made a bad assumption!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook