RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

DKI

Sep 27, 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Climbing on the wall in Gerlos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I have posted a message on other forums as well but obviously no one has any information on the topic.

I am new in the field of climbing and I have just come back from Austria where I was visiting the European Championships in Imst and Innsbruck. Both hosting towns are in the Tirol region and that is why my friends and I decided to go and see the wall in Gerlos as it is also in Tirol and was not that far. We have heard that the wall is suitable for new climbers and that there are also climbing courses going on there. To our amazement the wall was practically not accessible and when we asked around we found out that there were some kind of problems the municipality is facing with it due to some fraudulent actions of their contractor. Does anyone know any details about that ? Has anyone managed to climb there already?

(This post was edited by DKI on Sep 27, 2010, 10:58 AM)

vlad.wesierski

Sep 28, 2010, 2:30 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DKI] Climbing on the wall in Gerlos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi
Isn't this the new wall from the bulgarians Waltopia?I've done recently some climbing in Finland, in Salmisaari and it was quite good experience. If this Gerlos wall is not yet open this might be because of their agent for Austria - Pantarai who have had some money problems recently. This unfortunate Pantarai company seems to have passed in the hands of a not so likeable guy called Hans Finsterer who almost have bankrupted them. This crazy guy used to organize concerts so my former band manager had some dealings with him that ended in misery Mad. I don't envy the municipality or the waltopia guys - hopefully they've protected their interest better than we at the time,

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook