RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Gmburns2000

Sep 30, 2010, 1:10 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1668 views)
Shortcut

Twelve Days in the Northeast
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Jeremiah was out for twelve days a few weeks ago, and we decided to climb, at my limit, every single day. We started in Acadia and went to North Conway, then Rumney, then the 'Daks, the 'Gunks, and finished up at Rumney before he flew out. This was a test for me because I was still recovering from Lyme Disease, but I was surprised at how strong I got. Kudos to Jeremiah for pushing me.

Now, I'm not a poet, and since this is a poem (not a very long one), this just might be the worst thing I've ever written. If you think that's the case, then my apologies in advance.

One note, however, is that due to the size of the photos, one can't tell the difference between an intended hard return and the text wrap. In other words, the poem looks a little disorganized, but it was either that or really small photos, and since Climbing.com likes photos, we went with better photos over better text flow.

You can find it here at this link.

losbill

Oct 1, 2010, 2:09 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1547 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Twelve Days in the Northeast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Regarding the poetry practice makes perfect, or so I've heard. Also what madness struck!

Good deal on Grand Central. Seems as if you're back! You definitely looked very thoroughly trashed on Sunday at Stewart's Ledge. A single climb day, to keep the streak alive, must have been the rest you needed.

Wyeth where is the TR of the outing with your Dad!

bill

Gmburns2000

Oct 1, 2010, 4:10 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1524 views)
Shortcut

Re: [losbill] Twelve Days in the Northeast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Bill. Definitely got the rest I needed, though I don't think GC is a nine. It feels a lot easier than that. In fact, I think P1 of Birdland is harder, but sometimes you get on something and it just feels right.

Yeah Wyeth, even though this isn't the WW thread, where's that TR at?

davidnn5

Oct 2, 2010, 1:32 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I initially looked for more rhyming, but you delivered eventually. I hate poems that don't rhyme.

That said, and this is honest feedback, I'm not sure poems actually provide an effective synopsis. I can't remember a thing of what you climbed, but I did read the poem.

Gmburns2000

Oct 2, 2010, 3:21 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1490 views)
Shortcut

Re: [davidnn5] Twelve Days in the Northeast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

davidnn5 wrote:
I initially looked for more rhyming, but you delivered eventually. I hate poems that don't rhyme.

That said, and this is honest feedback, I'm not sure poems actually provide an effective synopsis. I can't remember a thing of what you climbed, but I did read the poem.

I was looking more for rythym than rhyme, and as I noted in my first post the rythym was kind of screwed up by the text wrap around the photos.

I find poems that rhyme all the time to get boring as they go along, and find poems with a rythym more interesting to read (kind of like music lyrics).

But thanks for the feedback on what we climbed. I agree, that was kind of buried. And thanks for reading it all the way thorugh.

boymeetsrock

Oct 2, 2010, 1:31 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn. In the airport in MI (sick climbing here !!!! NOT ;-) ) and for some reason I can't connect to to climbing.com... hhmmm

I'll have to read the poem later.

Been a busy couple of weeks for me, but I have an hour and a half on the plane so perhaps I can get the climb with my Dad written up.

boymeetsrock

Oct 4, 2010, 6:04 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [boymeetsrock] Twelve Days in the Northeast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice poem Greg. It is tough to feel the meter with the pics in the way, but I think it nice all the same. A great trip for sure. Good work to both of you on sending so many classic and hard climbs!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)
$49.46 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$22.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook