Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
camping
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

wolfpackman409ataoldotcom

Sep 29, 2010, 3:56 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3029 views)
Shortcut

camping  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia: Roped_Climbing: Seneca_Rocks_Region: The_Panhandle: Franklin_Gorge)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It says free camping on the page, but is is alright to camp in the parking loth there? any advice?

wolfpackman409ataoldotcom

Sep 30, 2010, 4:41 AM
Post #2 of 7 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wolfpackman409ataoldotcom] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i rad about the goat carcasses and such, then decided against camping here. I would rather camp anywhere but here. ill be a seneca the first weekend of oct.

roninthorne

Oct 1, 2010, 4:42 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2922 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wolfpackman409ataoldotcom] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try thorn Creek, just 3 miles south of town, turn L at the big Pendelton Corporate park, drive across the bridge and about a half mile up the road, look for campground on the right.

Staying at Seneca Shadows, Spruce Knob, or Big Bend means 95% of your money leaves impoverished WV and goes straight into the pockets of American Land and Leisure in Utah. If you stay at Seneca, stay at Yokum's, either Princess Snowbird or behind the restaurant about a mile down the road, right on the river.

notapplicable

Oct 1, 2010, 5:20 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2904 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roninthorne] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roninthorne wrote:
Try thorn Creek, just 3 miles south of town, turn L at the big Pendelton Corporate park, drive across the bridge and about a half mile up the road, look for campground on the right.

Staying at Seneca Shadows, Spruce Knob, or Big Bend means 95% of your money leaves impoverished WV and goes straight into the pockets of American Land and Leisure in Utah. If you stay at Seneca, stay at Yokum's, either Princess Snowbird or behind the restaurant about a mile down the road, right on the river.

Mike's right about Thorn Creek. The owers are nice and the sites are clean, level and private. I think it was only $4.00 per person last time I stayed there but don't quote me on the price.

(This post was edited by notapplicable on Oct 1, 2010, 5:22 PM)

roninthorne

Oct 4, 2010, 4:27 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2848 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think it's up to an enormous $7 apiece, now... still one of the best bargains within ten minutes of Franklin for a cabin with a stove, fridge, shower and bunk beds.

notapplicable

Oct 4, 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roninthorne] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roninthorne wrote:
I think it's up to an enormous $7 apiece, now... still one of the best bargains within ten minutes of Franklin for a cabin with a stove, fridge, shower and bunk beds.

I tent camped when I was there.

Am I reading that right, you can stay in one of the cabins for $7.00 per person?? Thats crazy cheap.

roninthorne

Oct 7, 2010, 3:01 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] camping [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think you need to have enough people to make a minimum of $49.00... but how many people (besides me) don't have 6 climbing friends? Hell, I rarely see groups smaller than 8-10 at any crag, any more...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook