Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Indoor Gyms:
Garage Wall ... in progress
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


climb4free


Oct 30, 2010, 6:36 PM
Post #26 of 33 (3080 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2007
Posts: 283

Re: [jbk641] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thats pretty much as completed as it is thus far. I have some ply for the roof and the bottom of the 30* wall.

Lots more holds on it now.


RVACLIMB


Nov 5, 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #27 of 33 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 7, 2010
Posts: 2

Re: [climb4free] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey man looks good I recently finished building a cave in my garage. Everyone let me know what you think...

ZACH
Attachments: cavepic4.jpg (31.2 KB)


gmggg


Nov 5, 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #28 of 33 (2965 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 25, 2009
Posts: 2099

Re: [RVACLIMB] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

RVACLIMB wrote:
Hey man looks good I recently finished building a cave in my garage. Everyone let me know what you think...

ZACH



I think it can hardly get better than that!


bustloose


Nov 8, 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #29 of 33 (2915 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 10, 2003
Posts: 489

Re: [gmggg] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:
RVACLIMB wrote:
Hey man looks good I recently finished building a cave in my garage. Everyone let me know what you think...

ZACH

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5341;[/image]

I think it can hardly get better than that!

i think it can 100% get better than that, unless your home wall is for screwing around and having fun.

if you built this home wall for training, then sorry but nothing in this picture will get you stronger, except for maybe pull ups on the rock rings.


Partner j_ung


Nov 8, 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #30 of 33 (2902 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18690

Re: [sidepull] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
Okay, here's the link:

http://theblindmonkey.com/...08/pimp-my-wall.html

This really needs it's own thread. Talk about fantastic friends. I smiled the whole way through.


gmggg


Nov 8, 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #31 of 33 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 25, 2009
Posts: 2099

Re: [bustloose] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bustloose wrote:
gmggg wrote:
RVACLIMB wrote:
Hey man looks good I recently finished building a cave in my garage. Everyone let me know what you think...

ZACH

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5341;[/image]

I think it can hardly get better than that!

i think it can 100% get better than that, unless your home wall is for screwing around and having fun.

if you built this home wall for training, then sorry but nothing in this picture will get you stronger, except for maybe pull ups on the rock rings.

If a home wall isn't for screwing around and having fun then I don't know what it is for. Realistically, training always takes a back seat to fun. The trick is to have fun training.


RVACLIMB


Nov 9, 2010, 7:03 AM
Post #32 of 33 (2848 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 7, 2010
Posts: 2

Re: [gmggg] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It is more for fun than serious training. However I do set some pretty crazy problems on this. Also pictured is only about half of the wall. I have a 40-45 degree section that tops out at about 14 feet and another 30 degree section that splits to a 90/40 degree half way across on the left side not pictured. It has help my forearm and hand strength alot by having this in my back yard. I attached a few more pictures incase you are interested in what the whole thing looks like. Thanks for you input guys.
Attachments: cavepic5.jpg (39.7 KB)
  cavepic6.jpg (57.9 KB)


climb4free


Nov 17, 2010, 8:34 AM
Post #33 of 33 (2717 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2007
Posts: 283

Re: [RVACLIMB] Garage Wall ... in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I like it RVA. I too believe in the combination of fun and training. I tried to stray away from intricate features mostly for simplicity. I also wanted to minimize the available stemming. But that last picture (although small) shows the whole package. Nice work!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook