Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anybody climbing these Temecula boulders?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rps11

Nov 30, 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3037 views)
Shortcut

Anybody climbing these Temecula boulders?  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My dad has a new house down in Temecula, CA, so I was thinking about bringing my climbing shoes and crash pad when I come down to visit.

http://maps.google.com/...46,0.005702&z=18

http://maps.google.com/...47,0.005702&z=18

What are these like?
What kind of rock?

Thanks!
-Ralph

(This post was edited by rps11 on Nov 30, 2010, 11:02 AM)

tscampbell

Dec 2, 2010, 1:52 AM
Post #2 of 7 (2985 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rps11] Anybody climbing these Temecula boulders? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i think the rocks that you are refering to are the granite boulders visible on both sides of the i15 just south of temecula. the nearest i was able to decipher while i was there was that the land belongs to the pechanga indians, and was unable to find any further access information. if you find anything else out, let us know, definately. plan on thick scrub brush and steep approaches...

InLovelyCouple

Oct 25, 2011, 7:53 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2374 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I actually tried accessing that area the other day. Couldn't find a way up there, but I believe most of that is reservation land. When you are going south on rainbow rd, about a half mile to a mile after the summit of that road is a boulder on your rigth with a pipe sticking out the top. Decent boulder, also a bout a half mile past that is an area on your left with a small pull out with a few boulder. A lot of shrubbage though. Let me know what you find.

TheMiscreant

Feb 3, 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb up there... its pechanga or private land. There are some tall glued up problems up there and some bouldering. Pretty much anything on either side of the freeway is private land and is essentially poached to climb, so enter at your own risk.

There are good boulders at steele valley in lake elsinore and off leon road in menifee (private property but deserted).

tscampbell

Feb 3, 2012, 6:40 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gotta say i always wanted to try those bad boys out, but after looking into it, climbing on the reservation was rather ill advised. not to worry though, from temecula you have plenty of day trip options, palm springs tramway would be my first recommendation.

Uhliebrah

May 9, 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1851 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tscampbell] Anybody climbing these Temecula boulders? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea, I live here in Rainbow and its sad but true. Most of the good problems are on private land. There are a few roadside problems that are decent. One is about 3-4 miles (guessing) north of the Rainbow valley Blvd exit. Heading towards Pechanga. It is right off the road east side. I guess there used to be an open spot called Rainbow Boulders that my climbing partner used to be able to drive up to (west side of 15 above the weigh station) but now its owned by some wealthy climbers that dont like to share apparently. So for now its by invite only.

daperez0623

Mar 14, 2013, 5:35 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Uhliebrah] Anybody climbing these Temecula boulders? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I read on mountainproject.com that you can access some boulders(endless potential) by exiting Rancho California, heading west for a moment, then turning left on Old Town. On google maps it looks like the road dead ends into an open field. I don't know if it's just more private property or what.

Im heading out there this weekend and was thinking about checking it out. Not sure if it's worth it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook