Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

mushroom

Dec 6, 2010, 7:30 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What's up?

I'm Nick, and I am retired for the Winter. I'm a 23 years young ice climber, rock climber, caver, mountaineer, expert snowboarder, beginner telemark skier, kayaker, wildland firefighter, adventure enthusiast, philosopher, drummer, MC, DJ, Bboy, but not graphiti artist.

I'm trying to meet climbers in the Bozeman and Cody areas. I live in Big Sky, MT.

I worked things out so I am available all the time to climb, and I'm trying climb from the Madison to the Absaroka all Winter long. I'm trying to climb ice in Hyalite every week, and take monthly trips to Cody, no doubt.

I've been climbing like 6 years now, mostly trad, but a fair bit of ice in the North East and some in Hyalite last year. I TRed the Scepter no problems, I could lead all the WI3+. I love alpine climbs. I want to start this year out by getting some mileage leading WI3, and hopefully I'll be feeling solid on WI4 in a few weeks. I've been training. If you lead harder than me, I'll play catch up and appreciate the push. If I surpass your skill, then come follow me and get some mileage on the ice.

I'm easy going and just like to have fun in the hills, but I'm also motivated and I dream huge. I get along with climbers and don't bite. Just keep it safe and we'll make it through.

-I'll be at the Bozeman Ice festival this weekend Thursday night- Sunday or whatever.
-I'm looking for Cody climbing partners all Winter, and definitely the super extended weekend of Dec. 18-19.
-consider me available to climb everyday until May with exception of the weekends with the Bozeman, Ouray, Cody, and Rjukan ice festivals.

I need to be strong by Rjukan!

Let's climb some shit.

(This post was edited by mushroom on Dec 6, 2010, 7:36 PM)

sharpend23

Dec 8, 2010, 6:10 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1102 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by sharpend23 [In reply to]
Report this Post

mushroom

Dec 8, 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1097 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sharpend23] Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell ya, bro.

I'm sending you a pm.

rideforthebrand

Jan 24, 2011, 8:33 PM
Post #4 of 7 (976 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroom] Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I''m starting out ice climbing, very interested in doing easy alpinish ice climbs and maybe learning to lead easy stuff. I'm going to Cody for the festival in Feb and hope to hang out for the entire following week (probably camping? and climbing whatever I can) if I can find a partner. I'm pretty low risk, laid back, looking for fun safe routes. Let me know if you're interested.

jeepnphreak

Feb 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #5 of 7 (916 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroom] Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nick

I'm in Bozeman. IF you are in the area on the weekends and are in need of a partner pm me.
I only ask that we stay on Wi3 to 3+ at the most since I am 10 week post rotator cuff surgery and dont wish to push it too much yet. I will belay how ever hard you want to push though.

I have all own gear all but screws but i can borrow those from a friend on occasion if hes not using them.

Jeff

(This post was edited by jeepnphreak on Feb 13, 2011, 12:54 PM)

mushroom

Feb 13, 2011, 3:32 PM
Post #6 of 7 (911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] Cody and Hyalite, Bozeman partners needed all Winter 10-11 !!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to be in Hyalite the next 2 days (2/13-14). I only have 4 screws so I gotta take it easy at the moment. I got a buddy coming out with me who's new to ice. I was planning on doing a bunch of the classics around the Mummy Cooler area and I still haven't climbed G2 for something reason.

gimme a call at 443. five four five. for niner eight one

Nick

DAddic

Mar 29, 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #7 of 7 (795 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Nick,
The season is winding down for Ice, but I'm up for just about any type up climbing if you've still got the time. I'm new to the bozeman area and i'm needing to get out in the hills.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook