RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

metasidigneous

Dec 19, 2010, 8:42 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2239 views)
Shortcut

Guelph, KW, BC, Quebec
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey folks my name is John. I'm from Mississauga but just recently moved to Rockwood, Ontario. I don't really climb indoors because I prefer real rock but I hear the Grotto seems like a good meeting place for climbers for the area. I don't know anyone in the Eramosa area and from what I understand, to climb at the grotto requires a belaying partner. I lead sport and trad at 5.10b comfortably. I boulder at v12 confidently, topping out. I as of right now don't have a partner so if anyone is interested in gym partners or outdoors send me an email at stability50@hotmail.com...I am also a mountaineer and love mixed ice routes and 5th class terrain, not that theres any in ontario, but for the banff, quebecois and bc climbers looking for an intermediate partner...I'm game! I really enjoy playing on 5.7 5.8 sport and trad working out moves. I live right next to the rockwood conservation area where there's more than enough rocks non bolted that I play around on. lots of 5.10 face and slab climbs. I have a bit of gear also...so if all you have is a pair of shoes and a harness thats legit. Looking for long term climbing trip partners aswell, I go out west to squamish and leavenworth,vantage quite a bit. I have planned a trip out to Smith Rock, Red Rocks and Joshua Tree this summer with some friends out there. If any canadians are wanting to accompany another canadian and show some americans friends of mine up, feel free to contact me

ROCK ON!

Jooler

Dec 20, 2010, 7:51 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [metasidigneous] Guelph, KW, BC, Quebec [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Typo? Boulder V12 but only lead sport at 5.10b comfortably?

metasidigneous

Dec 20, 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jooler] Guelph, KW, BC, Quebec [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nope, no typo that I know of in my post? Do you see one? Or is that a question you are asking me? I have solved numerous v12 problems and yes I lead on 5.10b comfortably. Now guide books and friends that I have climbed with have sandbagged me so maybe I'm leading higher or lower. I have top roped 5.12 before, but have never really pushed myself above that.

Ozzie

Jan 11, 2011, 1:15 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi metasidigneous, I thought I would respond to your search for climbing partners as I will be moving from Australia to Montreal in May and am hanging out to explore the local crags and some further a field. I certainly don't boulder as hard as you at v12 as my hardest problem was a v8 but I lead trad to about 5.11a and sport to 5.12 and get a kick out of routes (especially classics at the 5.10 level. I'll be happy to do trips in to the States and adopted Canadien as the Quebecqua (spelling?) would say. I have all my own gear for trad and sport but nothing for ice as I haven't had the pleasure of trying that sport yet. Not much ice in Australia. I'm also up for trying ski touring if your interested. I will be

jbabin

Mar 23, 2011, 7:21 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hello,
I live in Erin a small town just outside guelph and climb at the grotto. I've only even climbed indoor but am looking to move outdoors, I am always looking for someone to climb with. justin.p.babin@gmail.com

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook