Forums: Climbing Information: Climbing History & Trivia:
Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing History & Trivia

Premier Sponsor:

 


SharpEndFemme


Dec 20, 2010, 5:17 PM
Post #1 of 21 (5585 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2008
Posts: 18

Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hey peeps, I've been working on a film called The Last Wild Mountain for the past 3 years criss-crossing the country in a 76' VW bus filming interviews of over 50 climbers from the 50s-70s.

We just had a preview screening at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden and now need some extra mulla to finish the post-production costs. Both Doug Robinson and Lynn Hill were there and gave us good words about the film.

I've started an online fundraiser at the website Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/...ly-finished-rock-doc

We've got a cool scene from the film posted up there and some nice schwag available for people who donate to the project. You can donate for as low as $1 because everything helps and this is a grassroots project! Thanks for your consideration!

-Oakley


nkane


Dec 20, 2010, 5:58 PM
Post #2 of 21 (5569 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 12, 2006
Posts: 143

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

That was rad. I kicked in some dollars.


nkane


Dec 20, 2010, 5:59 PM
Post #3 of 21 (5568 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 12, 2006
Posts: 143

Re: [nkane] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I bet if you put this on supertopo the would eat it up..


Partner j_ung


Dec 20, 2010, 6:23 PM
Post #4 of 21 (5562 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18689

Re: [nkane] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Done and done. This looks fantastic! I'm glad you got Bachar.


(This post was edited by j_ung on Dec 20, 2010, 6:25 PM)


SharpEndFemme


Dec 20, 2010, 7:07 PM
Post #5 of 21 (5544 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2008
Posts: 18

Re: [nkane] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Glad you like it! Thanks for the radness and support!!!


(This post was edited by SharpEndFemme on Dec 20, 2010, 7:08 PM)


Partner j_ung


Dec 21, 2010, 5:13 AM
Post #6 of 21 (5508 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18689

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bump


Gmburns2000


Dec 21, 2010, 6:24 AM
Post #7 of 21 (5497 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Done.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it.


SharpEndFemme


Dec 22, 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #8 of 21 (5454 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2008
Posts: 18

Re: [Gmburns2000] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks!!!


kachoong


Dec 22, 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #9 of 21 (5438 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's some more support. Would hate to see this project NOT get made. Good luck!


k.l.k


Dec 22, 2010, 4:58 PM
Post #10 of 21 (5393 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 9, 2007
Posts: 1190

Re: [kachoong] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so i met with alex and oakley for this film. they're working their asses off, for no dough and no hope of dough--

but this is a serious project and deserves some support.


sp115


Dec 23, 2010, 4:57 AM
Post #11 of 21 (5342 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 17, 2007
Posts: 515

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
Hey peeps, I've been working on a film called The Last Wild Mountain for the past 3 years criss-crossing the country in a 76' VW bus filming interviews of over 50 climbers from the 50s-70s.

We just had a preview screening at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden and now need some extra mulla to finish the post-production costs. Both Doug Robinson and Lynn Hill were there and gave us good words about the film.

I've started an online fundraiser at the website Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/...ly-finished-rock-doc

We've got a cool scene from the film posted up there and some nice schwag available for people who donate to the project. You can donate for as low as $1 because everything helps and this is a grassroots project! Thanks for your consideration!

-Oakley

Unbelievable! This is going to be awesome. I made a modest pledge, but if I had an extra $3,500, you and your dad would've have had a climbing partner for a weekend.


Partner j_ung


Dec 23, 2010, 5:13 AM
Post #12 of 21 (5338 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18689

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hell yeah!




(This post was edited by j_ung on Dec 23, 2010, 5:13 AM)
Attachments: pledge.jpg (10.1 KB)


sp115


Dec 23, 2010, 7:37 AM
Post #13 of 21 (5330 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 17, 2007
Posts: 515

Re: [j_ung] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Hell yeah!

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5429;[/image]

She had me at hello Henry Barber.


Gmburns2000


Dec 23, 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #14 of 21 (5309 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [sp115] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sp115 wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Hell yeah!

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5429;[/image]

She had me at hello Henry Barber.

Saw that guy talk at a 'Gunks special celebration once and holy cow can he talk. It was interesting and fun to listen to, but wow, he can talk!


sp115


Dec 23, 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #15 of 21 (5302 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 17, 2007
Posts: 515

Re: [Gmburns2000] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sp115 wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Hell yeah!

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5429;[/image]

She had me at hello Henry Barber.

Saw that guy talk at a 'Gunks special celebration once and holy cow can he talk. It was interesting and fun to listen to, but wow, he can talk!

I've only met him once, and that was at an AMC sponsored slide show in Boston. Great presentation, very humble, stayed around and answered quite a few questions. I got to ask him something and shook his hand and was happy to have met him.

Then this summer, completely out of the blue, I find out that most of my non-climbing relatives all know him (they live up in the North Conway area). They really had no idea how big a name he was in the climbing community. Anyway, I guess I went on a bit about him and my older brother finally says "well if it's such a big deal to you, the next time he's in the shop, I'll hook you up and you can go climb with him."

Believe me, I won't be letting my brother off the hook on that offer...


(This post was edited by sp115 on Dec 23, 2010, 12:50 PM)


Gmburns2000


Dec 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #16 of 21 (5298 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [sp115] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sp115 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sp115 wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Hell yeah!

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5429;[/image]

She had me at hello Henry Barber.

Saw that guy talk at a 'Gunks special celebration once and holy cow can he talk. It was interesting and fun to listen to, but wow, he can talk!

I've only met him once, and that was at an AMC sponsored slide show in Boston. Great presentation, very humble, stayed around and answered quite a few questions. I got to ask him something and shook his hand and was happy to have met him.

Then this summer, completely out of the blue, I find out that most of my non-climbing relatives all know him (they live up in the North Conway area). They really had no idea how big a name he was in the climbing community. Anyway, I guess I went on a bit about him and my older brother finally says "well if it's such a big to you, the next time he's in the shop, I'll hook you up and you can go climb with him."

Believe me, I won't be letting my brother off the hook on that offer...

amen! good luck with that!


SharpEndFemme


Dec 23, 2010, 8:59 PM
Post #17 of 21 (5253 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2008
Posts: 18

Re: [j_ung] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

We made it to our goal! Thanks so much to everyone for chipping in an amazing amount of support. I really actually can't believe it. In reference to Henry, he is an amazing character. He let us stay in his basement for three days while we were in New Hampshire and helped us out a lot in every aspect of the film (setting up interviews, making us food, letting us use his fantastic archives). We tried keeping up drinking with him but it's damn near impossible. The fundraiser is still going on for 20 more days even though we have already reached our goal, any extra help would just be a bonus to help us out with the distribution phase of the project. Thanks again!


SharpEndFemme


Jan 11, 2011, 5:15 PM
Post #18 of 21 (5108 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2008
Posts: 18

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey again -
Thanks everyone for the kind words and the real support! ($$)
THANK YOU!

There's 3 days left, so if you were contemplating being a part of this (still goodies/etc) do it now or forever hold your breath!

-Oakley


clim.br


Mar 18, 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #19 of 21 (4728 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 29, 2011
Posts: 20

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Awww, didn't see this in time! =/

People can still contribute? I could pledge with $25. Blush


Partner cracklover


Mar 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #20 of 21 (4717 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10062

Re: [clim.br] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah, I didn't see this earlier either. What's happening with the project now?

GO


clim.br


Mar 18, 2011, 1:14 PM
Post #21 of 21 (4700 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 29, 2011
Posts: 20

Re: [cracklover] Old Skool Film Fundraiser: Scene featuring "Hot" Henry Barber, Jim Erickson, John Long [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.rockadventuremovie.com/home.html

and on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/lastwildmountain?ref=ts

Looks like it's on the finishing touches! (They're hoping to be done late spring.)


Forums : Climbing Information : Climbing History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook