Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Dawson Bluffs Guidebook
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

DavidArlaud

Jan 8, 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1205 views)
Shortcut

Dawson Bluffs Guidebook  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: West: Dawson_Bluffs__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have put together a first version of a Dawson Bluffs guidebook. It takes the information from here on rockclimbing.com and is organized by section. There is also a by grade index in the back separated by type of climb (trad, sport, bouldering). I live in Princeton, KY (10 mins from the bluffs) so if you want to swing by and get it sometime that is fine. If not I could probably mail them. Not looking for any money here I would just really like to see more traffic as well as CLEANING done at the bluffs. My personal email is davearlaud@gmail.com It will be easier to get a hold of me that way.

guangzhou

Jan 8, 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DavidArlaud] Dawson Bluffs Guidebook [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

David,

Excellent. Actually, I included Dawson my my recent edition of Little Crimpers, A climber's Guide to Clarksville.

https://www.createspace.com/3484869

If you want help getting you guide on Amazon, let me know. I can hook you up.

Good to know people are enjoying the routes.

Good luck with the guidebook effort.
Eman

DavidArlaud

Jan 8, 2011, 3:31 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Dawson Bluffs Guidebook [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw the Clarksville guide post, did not know you included Dawson in it. Did you include all of the routes in your book or just an overview? I am new to climbing (2 years) and just happened to move to Princeton and stumble upon these bluffs. I love it there! I am surprised there is hardly any traffic there at all besides the degenerate townies/teens vandalizing. They have tagged flathead with nonsense graffiti and there is continuous trash from parties there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$156.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook