RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

rberrey

Jan 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #1 of 3 (564 views)
Shortcut

Looking to Ice climb
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So... Here goes. I'm looking to get into Ice Climbing, but I don't know a soul who does it. So... if anyone needs a partner give me a shout. Otherwise I would be more than happy to tag along with a group and just chill to try and pick up a few points before trying it myself.

I'm open to anything, but I really need to find a way to get my fix during the coldest bits of the winter.

Oh yeah.... And I live in Buffalo, Wyoming, but wouldn't mind a bit of a jog to get to send!

(This post was edited by rberrey on Jan 12, 2011, 11:11 PM)

rideforthebrand

Jan 25, 2011, 4:21 AM
Post #2 of 3 (515 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rberrey] Looking to Ice climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm just getting into it too. Probably the best way to get started is to go to the festival in cody in febuary. http://www.southforkice.com/index.html You can take a class, rent tools, meet people, and have a good time.

I was in casper the other day and took my gear up to Garden Creek Falls. Its easy, WI2, and perfect for practicing on. You can solo it if you are confident, otherwise its a good first lead. Its fun for half a day... Talk to the guys at mtn sports in casper as well. I know at least one guy climbs ice and can probably find you some partners or something.

Do you know of any ice closer to Buffalo? I wouldn't mind going up there if I knew there was ice worth climbing for a few days...

rberrey

Jan 26, 2011, 2:37 PM
Post #3 of 3 (505 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rideforthebrand] Looking to Ice climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah sweet!! thanks for the info!!! I'll Def have to make sure to hit that up!

As far as Ice goes I know of 2 places in Ten Sleep Canyon. One is kinda spotty from the little Ive heard, but the other is really nice.

Not sure what your looking at as far as time spent climbing though.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook