RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

chadnsc

Jan 16, 2011, 5:33 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2333 views)
Shortcut

Climbing partner, Duluth MN
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hello everyone!

Well I've gone and lost my partner. No, no, don't worry nothing nefarious happened it's just that he got married and moved to the east cost. Now I'm here all alone in Duluth MN with nothing but the auto belays. :(

I'm hoping I can meet up with someone here to climb with. Right now it would just be indoor (top rope and sport). But if anyone has the gear and intrest I'd love to get out on the ice ans sink my picks in some frozen water.

I don't climb very hard (5.10's or WI3)but I have fun doing it. I'm looking for someone that will allow me to push myself yet won't mind catching my big ass (I'm 6'-2", 250lbs). I don't mind belaying you on your harder project as long as I get some time on the rope.

Let me know if you're interested either here or via PM.

Hope to climb with you,

Chad

enigma

Jan 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Climbing partner, Duluth MN [In reply to]
Report this Post

chadnsc wrote:
Hello everyone!

Well I've gone and lost my partner. No, no, don't worry nothing nefarious happened it's just that he got married and moved to the east cost. Now I'm here all alone in Duluth MN with nothing but the auto belays. :(

I'm hoping I can meet up with someone here to climb with. Right now it would just be indoor (top rope and sport). But if anyone has the gear and intrest I'd love to get out on the ice ans sink my picks in some frozen water.

I don't climb very hard (5.10's or WI3)but I have fun doing it. I'm looking for someone that will allow me to push myself yet won't mind catching my big ass (I'm 6'-2", 250lbs). I don't mind belaying you on your harder project as long as I get some time on the rope.

Let me know if you're interested either here or via PM.

Hope to climb with you,

Chad

Why don't you ask the gym owner or manager to belay you or even someone who works there.
Theres been times when I've wanted to climb in the gym and I gave them 5 dollars and they belayed me for a couple of hours. If you can do laps you should be able to get in about 10 climbs or more.
Or do they have a bouldering area?
I really feel sorry for you, not being able to climb when you want to and you probably are frustrated and it shows sometimes. Its always best to take the high road, and be supportive of others. Good LuckSmile
I would think theres ice climbing, and some other local groups of climbers too. maybe you could do a google search in your area-Good Luck

chadnsc

Jan 17, 2011, 4:29 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2302 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Climbing partner, Duluth MN [In reply to]
Report this Post

I would ask the gym employees but they can't belay customers, besides they're busy working.

It is nice that with the auto belays and gym crowd I can climb whenever I want but I'm looking for a regular partner to train and lead with. Starting today I’m looking for partners in person at the gym but I figured I’d cover all of my bases and hit up the internets.

As for the ice climbing there is a surprisingly small number of ice climbers in this area. While I can find folks from Minneapolis and St. Paul I'd love to find a local person to get out with on a weekly basis.

Thanks for the advice though. Reguarless you're still a ball of crazy enigma.

(This post was edited by chadnsc on Jan 17, 2011, 4:35 PM)

enigma

Jan 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Climbing partner, Duluth MN [In reply to]
Report this Post

chadnsc wrote:
I would ask the gym employees but they can't belay customers, besides they're busy working.

It is nice that with the auto belays and gym crowd I can climb whenever I want but I'm looking for a regular partner to train and lead with. Starting today I’m looking for partners in person at the gym but I figured I’d cover all of my bases and hit up the internets.

As for the ice climbing there is a surprisingly small number of ice climbers in this area. While I can find folks from Minneapolis and St. Paul I'd love to find a local person to get out with on a weekly basis.

I still feel sorry for you. I imagine you must be terribly frustrated. I luckily haven't had problems finding partners in U.S and Canada.
Its very unusual a climbing gym wouldn't belay you especially if you are willing to pay them for your time.
Usually people at crags and outside climbing areas are extremely friendly and easy going.
Why not boulder alone at the gym. Until you can find someone.
I have never had that experience in an indoor gym either.
Shocked

Maybe its you.

chadnsc

Jan 18, 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Climbing partner, Duluth MN [In reply to]
Report this Post

I get what you're trying to do here enigma but it isn't going to work. You're still a big ball of crazy. Laugh

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook