Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Kingsville... Kingsville, TX
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tx_medic

Nov 19, 2010, 7:21 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1083 views)
Shortcut

Kingsville... Kingsville, TX  (North_America: United_States: Texas: South_Central_Texas)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone! I'm new here as well as to Kingsville. I've discovered there is not much of anything here... people or rocks.

If there are any boulderers in the area, let me know! I've just built a "woody" in my shop with four overhangs in about 1,400 cu ft of dedicated space. I'm down for a few road trips too.
-Luke

scott.nearing

Nov 20, 2010, 8:33 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1058 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tx_medic] Kingsville... Kingsville, TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Luke, I've been looking into to moving down that way to go to college and have turned up almost 0 climbing. There is one gym in Corpus Christi. I'm in Killeen and boulder near Belton at Rogers Park. This turned out to be an awesome spot for bouldering and I've got nothing but good to say about the spot and the people I meet there. When I first got here it seemed there might be no local climbing. As far as the terrain down that way do see any potential for bouldering? Maybe exposed in a wash or river bed.

Building a wall occurred to me. How is yours working out?

Scott

tx_medic

Nov 20, 2010, 9:54 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1051 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scott.nearing] Kingsville... Kingsville, TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pretty well actually! I'll post some pics when it's complete. Shouldn't be more than a few more day's worth of work.

I was actually just stationed at Hood and also used to climb that area when I was in college. Belton is great and there are plenty of spots in Austin too! I used to drive down just for the bouldering along the greenbelt.

Well, good luck with moving down here. I'm really starting to wish I'd gotten the Ft. Carson slot instead of this one... there is nothing here!

thr3kvya

Jan 18, 2011, 5:12 AM
Post #4 of 4 (926 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tx_medic] Kingsville... Kingsville, TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be moving to Corpus for college in April. I will have most of summer to work some and climb. Seen a few interesting walls and would love to work on one or contribute to one for some privs at time :)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook