RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

xxmayxx

Jan 19, 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (987 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering Roadtrip East Coast!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone! I've been climbing for about 4 and a half months and I took an outdoor trip over Thanksgiving break with my boyfriend back in November. Smile

I currently live in Florida, and I was wondering of some other good places to take a bouldering road trip with my boyfriend and some fellow climbers around the Florida/Alabama/Georgia/South Carolina/North Carolina area.

HP40 isn't really what i'm thinking this time around because we already went there, Any other awesome places similar to HP40? Wink

OH! And I'd be road tripping from March 14th til possibly the 18th, so places that have decent weather around that time too!

Thanksss!

(This post was edited by xxmayxx on Jan 19, 2011, 9:25 PM)

ClimbSoHigh

Jan 20, 2011, 5:23 AM
Post #2 of 4 (903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xxmayxx] Bouldering Roadtrip East Coast! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HP 40 is pretty sweet but you've been there so scrap that idea. You might want to check out the other 2 stops on the tripple crown bouldering series. HP 40 is the only one I have been to, but Rocktown in GA, and Stone Fort in Tennessee are the other stops and I have heard great things about those two places from friends. http://www.triplecrownbouldering.org/

Don't know much more about southern bouldering, but I know there is a lot of it, and generally pretty good. Climbing magazine had a recent article about southern DWS if your interested, but it might be too cold in March, but it is the south so who knows.

Have fun where ever you go!

duhh86

Jan 20, 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #3 of 4 (866 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering Roadtrip East Coast! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As far as NC goes Rumbling Bald is lots of fun. Or if you sign up with Carolina Climber Coalition http://carolinaclimbers.org/ Asheboro Boulders is well worth a visit.

the_alpine

Jan 20, 2011, 8:34 AM
Post #4 of 4 (850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xxmayxx] Bouldering Roadtrip East Coast! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Stonefort in TN and Rocktown in GA are the best bang for your back. Rocktown is free and has free camping, Stonefort has a day use fee and no camping.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook