RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

david7896

Feb 8, 2011, 2:48 PM
Post #1 of 3 (635 views)
Shortcut

Multiple injuries
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

December 22nd 2010, I took a fall from around 20 to 30 feet. That thread you can find here:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2440809;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I had broken my right 5th metatarsal, my left ankle and cracked my left calcaneus (heel bone). Needless to say it was bad. After the x-rays, my orthopedist put my right foot in a post-op shoe and left foot in a cast and told me to be back in four weeks.
After four weeks the cast came off. We took another set of x-rays and found that the left foot had healed and the right foot needed to heal some more. I left there with a light duty release and told to stay on the couch for two weeks and stay of both feet (it was horrible).
Today, I went back, x-rays again and found that I was almost healed. Today I got a full release with the restriction of not being able to run.

Iím posting this thread to give you my heal time of 48 days. If youíre not at home sitting on your couch with one of these injuries, then you probably wonít care of healing time. But if you are one those few with this injury, this might give you just a little bit more light at the end of the tunnel (I know what your going through).

I did cut caffeine as much as could. I started taking L-Lysine and Calcium. I had heard that the L-Lysine helps your body absorbed the calcium better, so in theory, more calcium for bone health. I really Iím not sure if it helped or not, but I was willing to try anything to get better.

Itís been about four hours since I started walking, the muscles are definitely going to take time to get loose and get back into the walking motion again. On my right foot, the arch is killing me. I really donít know why but I hope that some arch supports or going to help

I hope this will help those with the injury. If you have any other question regarding this injury, please ask I will try my best to answer.
Thanks - David

moose_droppings

Feb 8, 2011, 2:58 PM
Post #2 of 3 (629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [david7896] Multiple injuries [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

david7896 wrote:
December 22nd 2010, I took a fall from around 20 to 30 feet. That thread you can find here:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2440809;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I had broken my right 5th metatarsal, my left ankle and cracked my left calcaneus (heel bone). Needless to say it was bad. After the x-rays, my orthopedist put my right foot in a post-op shoe and left foot in a cast and told me to be back in four weeks.
After four weeks the cast came off. We took another set of x-rays and found that the left foot had healed and the right foot needed to heal some more. I left there with a light duty release and told to stay on the couch for two weeks and stay of both feet (it was horrible).
Today, I went back, x-rays again and found that I was almost healed. Today I got a full release with the restriction of not being able to run.

Iím posting this thread to give you my heal time of 48 days. If youíre not at home sitting on your couch with one of these injuries, then you probably wonít care of healing time. But if you are one those few with this injury, this might give you just a little bit more light at the end of the tunnel (I know what your going through).

I did cut caffeine as much as could. I started taking L-Lysine and Calcium. I had heard that the L-Lysine helps your body absorbed the calcium better, so in theory, more calcium for bone health. I really Iím not sure if it helped or not, but I was willing to try anything to get better.

Itís been about four hours since I started walking, the muscles are definitely going to take time to get loose and get back into the walking motion again. On my right foot, the arch is killing me. I really donít know why but I hope that some arch supports or going to help

I hope this will help those with the injury. If you have any other question regarding this injury, please ask I will try my best to answer.
Thanks - David

Thanks for posting a follow up.
Glad to hear your getting better.

enigma

Feb 8, 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #3 of 3 (569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [david7896] Multiple injuries [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

david7896 wrote:

Thanks - David

You can go to a homeopathic doctor and see if there are any supplements or nutrients that can benefit you.
I hope you feel better . Its wonderful you can walk again.
I'm sure you have a physical therapist and doctor , helping with your recovery.
Stay positive and be grateful.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$8.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook