RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

laurabeth63

Feb 11, 2011, 1:43 AM
Post #1 of 23 (16880 views)
Shortcut

Breast Augmentation and climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am considering have a breast augmentation and am interested to find out whether anyone has had any problems with their augmentation after climbing.

wonderwoman

Feb 11, 2011, 3:18 AM
Post #6 of 23 (16751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [laurabeth63] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Moved from General to Ladies Room by WW. Also, wanted to point you in the direction of this thread that has some info in it:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ugmentation;#1423600

and now that this is in the LR, I'm going to clean it up a tad.

wonderwoman

Feb 11, 2011, 3:20 AM
Post #7 of 23 (16748 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
laurabeth63 wrote:
I am considering have a breast augmentation and am interested to find out whether anyone has had any problems with their augmentation after climbing.
Back alley or Bel Air?

DCT.

I am totally confused by these posts, so I have no idea whether they need to be hidden or not. Please enlighten me on this strange breast terminology.

dan2see

Feb 11, 2011, 5:42 AM
Post #8 of 23 (16727 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Natural is best.

redrattie

Feb 11, 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #12 of 23 (16652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why are you considering augmentation? What do you perceive as the benefits of having it done? Is it worth the risk?

It seems that young women feel something magical will happen in their life once they have bigger breasts. Unfortunately, the magic is short lived and many of my friends wish they never had done it.

From a climbing perspective...As a naturally large busted woman trying to climb (see my thread on top roping) I see nothing but liability. I climbed a lot when I was younger, however, once I "matured" as a teenager I quit. Coming back to it years later, I find it very difficult. I am unable to see my feet, the rope gets trapped, they are heavy and every time I move they shift and get in the way, plus due to the projection, the girls are the first things to contact the rock in a fall (will your implants survive a direct hit?). If this were not enough of a liability, try dealing with a bunch of pervs camped out watching your every move hoping for a "wardrobe malfunction". If you are young and already a good climber, it may be easier for you, just remember that you will be old someday. Do you really want to be so permanently perky at 40 or 60 when the rest of you isn't?

(This post was edited by redrattie on Feb 11, 2011, 5:30 PM)

wonderwoman

Feb 11, 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #13 of 23 (16628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redrattie] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Funny recent story:

My husband and I were explaining to our 14 yr old daughter we didn't want her watching this boob job reality show because women should be happy with their bodies as is and we thought it was a bad influence.

She gets all huffy and says, 'Hey! My grandma has a boob job!' (meaning her biological mom's mother-in-law) 'Are you saying that she's a bad influence on me?'

I was speechless.

Another thing that popped out of her mouth recently:

'Women over 22 shouldn't show their stomach.'

Ah - gotta love the way the media has an impression on young girls and the worth of their bodies.

curt

Feb 12, 2011, 4:50 AM
Post #14 of 23 (16553 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

laurabeth63 wrote:

Track down Bobbi Bensman and ask her. Cool

Curt

lena_chita

Feb 13, 2011, 1:14 AM
Post #15 of 23 (16499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
laurabeth63 wrote:

Curt

That is a quite famous case, isn't it?

Not anywhere near the notoriety of Bobby Bensman's rack, but a climber in our gym had breast implants a few years ago, disliked it, and had them taken out.

granite_grrl

Feb 13, 2011, 1:53 AM
Post #16 of 23 (16493 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
curt wrote:
laurabeth63 wrote:

Curt

That is a quite famous case, isn't it?

Not anywhere near the notoriety of Bobby Bensman's rack, but a climber in our gym had breast implants a few years ago, disliked it, and had them taken out.

Sounds like a lot of work!

Frankly, I only hang out at a C cup and I wouldn't be too sad if they went down a size.

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 13, 2011, 4:17 AM
Post #17 of 23 (16476 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
...only hang out at a C cup and I wouldn't be too sad if they went down a size.

Is that like saying "I just started climbing last week and am only climbing 5.10c?" hahahah

iamthewallress

Feb 13, 2011, 5:51 AM
Post #18 of 23 (16464 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

A friend of mine bumped up from an A to a B near her 40th birthday just to put a little perk back into that which was a little droopier than she'd always known it. For her, it was as much a part of accepting and making the most the aging process as dying her hair and planning for retirement.

She was always a runner, and this didn't change that after the job although she had to skip a ski trip right after the surgery. I reckon for climbing the degree to which it affects your performance will be contingient upon the size that you choose.

My augmented friend enjoyed a body, fitness level, and outlook that were more typical of younger people all the way around. Since she actually was almost 40 she could afford this bit of vanity easily. Her 28 year old bf helped her celebrate although they parted company b/c she was too wrapped up in school and he was ready to settle down. She started med school the next year. (She's a fit, practicing doc in her 50's with a great rack now.)

Don't let anyone tell you that you need big/perky/fake/whatever boobs. And don't let anyone tell you that you don't. Know yourself, and the rest, including the climbing, will work out.

(This post was edited by iamthewallress on Feb 13, 2011, 6:01 AM)

granite_grrl

Feb 14, 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #20 of 23 (16368 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
...only hang out at a C cup and I wouldn't be too sad if they went down a size.

Is that like saying "I just started climbing last week and am only climbing 5.10c?" hahahah
The grass is always greener.......

airscape

Feb 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #21 of 23 (16336 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan2see] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
Natural is best.

^^ THis

dan2see

Feb 14, 2011, 3:33 PM
Post #22 of 23 (16307 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airscape] Breast Augmentation and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

airscape wrote:
dan2see wrote:
Natural is best.
^^ THis

Hey boys and girls, I don't get it. Why do some folks think that bigger breasts look better somehow?

I've been looking at lots of people for a lot of years. Every type and gender, every angle and fashion. So I claim to understand a little about personal image and appeal. Bigger means nothing. Function and form are everything. OK let's say "proportion" is really nice to have, although we're not sure about that, either.

I'll go even farther: I sometimes wonder, if I were a girl, what advantage would I want, with bigger boobs? And I still don't get it! Well maybe my lack of understanding comes from my own body: I like it just the way it is, even it it's not perfect. Well maybe I should do more push-ups and crunches, but to alter something? I think not!

So, with all that depth of analysis, my earlier post (Post #8, which is the 4th in this thread) ... is ...

Natural is best.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook