RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

Stimpy

Mar 7, 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #1 of 2 (438 views)
Shortcut

Horseshoe Canyon Atmosphere
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A friend and I are going to HCR next weekend (should get there on the 11th or 12th) for a little spring break climbing. I've never been before, so I had a couple questions about the general atmosphere:

1. How crowded would you expect the campground to be in mid March? There is also the Pebble Wrestle bouldering comp that weekend, so I'm a bit concerned about space.

2. Is there any kind of party scene at the campground? It's my buddy's 21st on the 14th and I want him to get the full experience. This would be a lot easier if there were some like-minded people around. Also, do the owners have any kind of lights-out or quiet hour policy?

3. Are there any restrictions on night climbing? There's supposed to be little cloud cover and a bright moon, and want to take a shot at Orange Crush in the dark.

Also, if you're there and want to stop by and say hey, I'll be the green oldsmobile with ND plates.

(This post was edited by Stimpy on Mar 8, 2011, 3:19 AM)

kinz

Mar 8, 2011, 3:04 AM
Post #2 of 2 (428 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Stimpy] Horseshoe Canyon Atmosphere [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yes it will be crowded and might be difficult to find a camping spot. no lights out policy that i know of. night climbing happens often. yes there is a party scene to some extent though it remains pretty chill and nowhere near approaches my experiences in places like hueco tanks. the rock is some of the best anywhere and you should have a great time.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook