Forums: Climbing Information: Climbing History & Trivia:
Name this climb
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing History & Trivia

Premier Sponsor:

 


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 9:07 AM
Post #1 of 19 (4529 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Name this climb
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

A different angle on a very popular climb.




Partner epoch
Moderator

Mar 21, 2011, 9:09 AM
Post #2 of 19 (4526 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32081

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A different forum for a very popular series.


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 21, 2011, 9:13 AM
Post #3 of 19 (4518 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2817

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

CCK?


(This post was edited by gblauer on Mar 21, 2011, 9:13 AM)


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 9:16 AM
Post #4 of 19 (4511 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [gblauer] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
CCK


Very quick as expected.


A funny side note:
When I google image searched this climb I immediately saw images of at least four RC.comers. You were one of them! Can anyone else name anyone?


edge


Mar 21, 2011, 9:20 AM
Post #5 of 19 (4501 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

boymeetsrock wrote:
gblauer wrote:
CCK


Very quick as expected.


A funny side note:
When I google image searched this climb I immediately saw images of at least four RC.comers. You were one of them! Can anyone else name anyone?
Isn't Wonderwoman's avitar of CCK?


Partner j_ung


Mar 21, 2011, 9:25 AM
Post #6 of 19 (4491 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18689

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

That's a great shot of it.


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 9:29 AM
Post #7 of 19 (4487 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [edge] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

edge wrote:
boymeetsrock wrote:
gblauer wrote:
CCK


Very quick as expected.


A funny side note:
When I google image searched this climb I immediately saw images of at least four RC.comers. You were one of them! Can anyone else name anyone?
Isn't Wonderwoman's avitar of CCK?

You're doing it wrong... ;-)
Oh, and my exact search terms were CCK gunks.

But, yes, WW's avatard is CCK.


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 9:30 AM
Post #8 of 19 (4483 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [j_ung] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is, IMOP the neatest shot of CCK. It catches the exposure a bit more than the usual shots. I like the standard shot a lot too though.


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 21, 2011, 9:39 AM
Post #9 of 19 (4458 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2817

Re: [edge] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

GMBurns


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 9:49 AM
Post #10 of 19 (4445 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [gblauer] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ding!


That's three of the four I saw.


edge


Mar 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #11 of 19 (4422 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [gblauer] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
GMBurns

Inter Continental Pictorial Spray!

"Incoming!!!"


boymeetsrock


Mar 21, 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #12 of 19 (4385 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here is the forth person. Prof. Gunks himself.



Kinda funny that he would show up under my search terms though.

Recognize anyone else on this page?
http://www.google.com/...;oq=&safe=active


gunkiemike


Dec 6, 2011, 4:28 PM
Post #13 of 19 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 1, 2002
Posts: 2264

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Heh, I'm there too (the twilight shot, nearly silhouetted)


Gmburns2000


Dec 6, 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #14 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15174

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

boymeetsrock wrote:
Here is the forth person. Prof. Gunks himself.
[image]http://www.gunks.com/photopost/data/2/thumbs/rg1.jpg[/image]


Kinda funny that he would show up under my search terms though.

Recognize anyone else on this page?
http://www.google.com/...;oq=&safe=active

Gabe is on there, though it isn't an rc.com shot.

Edge - I don't think I can spit that far, but that's why I have others to do it for me. Laugh


Gmburns2000


Dec 6, 2011, 6:18 PM
Post #15 of 19 (3574 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15174

Re: [Gmburns2000] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
boymeetsrock wrote:
Here is the forth person. Prof. Gunks himself.
[image]http://www.gunks.com/photopost/data/2/thumbs/rg1.jpg[/image]


Kinda funny that he would show up under my search terms though.

Recognize anyone else on this page?
http://www.google.com/...;oq=&safe=active

Gabe is on there, though it isn't an rc.com shot.

Edge - I don't think I can spit that far, but that's why I have others to do it for me. Laugh

actually, I'm not on there, but JMeizis and JW are (photos by me). And isn't there a photo of you near the bottom (also by me?) Not sure.

What's funny is how many Bonnie's photos show up under that search, too.


boymeetsrock


Dec 7, 2011, 6:30 AM
Post #16 of 19 (3507 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [gunkiemike] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:
Heh, I'm there too (the twilight shot, nearly silhouetted)

Nice! I figured there had to be a bunch of RC's in there.


boymeetsrock


Dec 7, 2011, 6:44 AM
Post #17 of 19 (3503 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [Gmburns2000] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
boymeetsrock wrote:
Here is the forth person. Prof. Gunks himself.
[image]http://www.gunks.com/photopost/data/2/thumbs/rg1.jpg[/image]


Kinda funny that he would show up under my search terms though.

Recognize anyone else on this page?
http://www.google.com/...;oq=&safe=active

Gabe is on there, though it isn't an rc.com shot.

Edge - I don't think I can spit that far, but that's why I have others to do it for me. Laugh

actually, I'm not on there, but JMeizis and JW are (photos by me). And isn't there a photo of you near the bottom (also by me?) Not sure.

What's funny is how many Bonnie's photos show up under that search, too.


No requirement that it be a shot posted on RC. Just that the climber posts on RC.

You were on there Greg. Gail saw you too!

A shot of me? My vanity search returned 0 results, but I didn't have much time to look. Post it if you got it.


Gmburns2000


Dec 7, 2011, 6:47 AM
Post #18 of 19 (3501 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15174

Re: [boymeetsrock] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

boymeetsrock wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
boymeetsrock wrote:
Here is the forth person. Prof. Gunks himself.
[image]http://www.gunks.com/photopost/data/2/thumbs/rg1.jpg[/image]


Kinda funny that he would show up under my search terms though.

Recognize anyone else on this page?
http://www.google.com/...;oq=&safe=active

Gabe is on there, though it isn't an rc.com shot.

Edge - I don't think I can spit that far, but that's why I have others to do it for me. Laugh

actually, I'm not on there, but JMeizis and JW are (photos by me). And isn't there a photo of you near the bottom (also by me?) Not sure.

What's funny is how many Bonnie's photos show up under that search, too.


No requirement that it be a shot posted on RC. Just that the climber posts on RC.

You were on there Greg. Gail saw you too!

A shot of me? My vanity search returned 0 results, but I didn't have much time to look. Post it if you got it.

upon closer inspection, no, it's not you, but it is of a similar pic i took of you on V3 (I think that was the route we did before MT).

It's funny, but I think google searches return different results for people, even when someone uses a link.

I use videos for my classes and I search for them on my computer and e-mail the link to my address. when i get to the school, i use a school computer and the link i sent to myself to find the video. the links almost always return slightly different results.


boymeetsrock


Dec 7, 2011, 7:01 AM
Post #19 of 19 (3495 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1709

Re: [Gmburns2000] Name this climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Damn! ...Almost famous.


Google uses your cookies to filter the results it returns. So, it makes sense that search results, even for photos and videos would be effected. Pretty crazy that a link to search results would be effected though.


Forums : Climbing Information : Climbing History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook