Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

 


JTguides


Mar 22, 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #1 of 9 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 22, 2011
Posts: 3

Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy everyone,

Seth Zaharias and Sabra Purdy cordially invite you to come party your ass off at the grand opening of our new climbing guide service, Cliffhanger Guides, April 1st at the Sethspool.

We will have a whale of a good time with a full open bar, Climbers Olympics and Feats of Strength, Mythical Beasts, 2 live bands, your pals "the Cactus Pricks" and "East Coast Carwash."

Celebrate Markus Jolilff's Birthday!

We encourage everyone to bring camping gear and plan to bivy on our 5 acres of desert paradise.

We hope to see you there!

For more information, see our website http://www.cliffhangerguides.com

or find us on Facebook at Cliffhanger Guides, Directions are posted!


(This post was edited by JTguides on Mar 23, 2011, 7:33 AM)


enigma


Mar 22, 2011, 7:03 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 19, 2002
Posts: 2279

Re: [JTguides] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

JTguides wrote:
Howdy everyone,

Seth Zaharias and Sabra Purdy cordially invite you to come party your ass off at the grand opening of our new climbing guide service, Cliffhanger Guides, April 1st at the Sethspool.

We will have a whale of a good time with a full open bar, Climbers Olympics and Feats of Strength, Mythical Beasts, 2 live bands, your pals "the Cactus Pricks" and "East Coast Carwash."

Celebrate Markus Jolilff's Birthday!

We encourage everyone to bring camping gear and plan to bivy on our 5 acres of desert paradise.

We hope to see you there!

For more information, see our website http://www.cliffhangerguides.com

or find us on Facebook at Cliffhanger Guides, Directions are posted!


Sounds almost too good to be true, what's the catch?
Is this truly altrustic or is it a way to get clients?

Is this an April Fools joke? Laugh


(This post was edited by enigma on Mar 22, 2011, 7:04 PM)


JTguides


Mar 23, 2011, 7:23 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2177 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 22, 2011
Posts: 3

Re: [JTguides] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

No Joke, Enigma!

We just have a lot to celebrate and we like to do it in big style.

We like to throw a really big party about every other year and we've got the perfect place (and neighbors) to do it. This year our excuse is opening our new business and Markus Joliff's birthday. It's really selfish because we want to see all our friends and have a great party. I doubt we will get any business directly from this event, but it might get people talking, and that's always a good thing.

Hope to see you there!

Sabra


(This post was edited by JTguides on Mar 23, 2011, 7:31 AM)


jt512


Mar 23, 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #4 of 9 (2155 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21893

Re: [JTguides] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

JTguides wrote:
Cliffhanger Guides

Not sure that's a name I'd pick for a guide service.

Jay


JTguides


Mar 23, 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #5 of 9 (2144 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 22, 2011
Posts: 3

Re: [jt512] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

All in good fun, Jay.

Stallone is a hero around here.

Hope to see you at the party.


(This post was edited by JTguides on Mar 23, 2011, 12:36 PM)


ubu


Mar 23, 2011, 5:49 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 17, 2008
Posts: 1477

Re: [JTguides] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

JTguides wrote:
No Joke, Enigma!

We just have a lot to celebrate and we like to do it in big style.

We like to throw a really big party about every other year and we've got the perfect place (and neighbors) to do it. This year our excuse is opening our new business and Markus Joliff's birthday. It's really selfish because we want to see all our friends and have a great party. I doubt we will get any business directly from this event, but it might get people talking, and that's always a good thing.

Hope to see you there!

Sabra

Be careful what you wish for.


enigma


Mar 23, 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2088 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 19, 2002
Posts: 2279

Re: [ubu] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
JTguides wrote:
No Joke, Enigma!

We just have a lot to celebrate and we like to do it in big style.

We like to throw a really big party about every other year and we've got the perfect place (and neighbors) to do it. This year our excuse is opening our new business and Markus Joliff's birthday. It's really selfish because we want to see all our friends and have a great party. I doubt we will get any business directly from this event, but it might get people talking, and that's always a good thing.

Hope to see you there!

Sabra

Be careful what you wish for.

Hey . Ubu why don't you get a big pot full of those Maryland Crabs and brown paper for the tables. Some hammers. and old bay seasoning , and then bring them along to the fiesta.Tongue
I lived in Maryland for over a year , great fish and seafood.
Seems like your profile doesn't show any climbing so you can be the cook/server .
Can't wait. do you also make maryland crab cakes from scratch?
Maybe these climbing guides will give you a free climbing lesson if you bring the food.
Maybe not,.
Have you ever climbed?
If you look like Ashton Kutcher you could dress up like he did in the movie " The Spread".
Might get you some attention.Sly


(This post was edited by enigma on Mar 23, 2011, 11:05 PM)


ubu


Mar 24, 2011, 5:22 AM
Post #8 of 9 (2060 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 17, 2008
Posts: 1477

Re: [enigma] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

enigma wrote:
ubu wrote:
JTguides wrote:
No Joke, Enigma!

We just have a lot to celebrate and we like to do it in big style.

We like to throw a really big party about every other year and we've got the perfect place (and neighbors) to do it. This year our excuse is opening our new business and Markus Joliff's birthday. It's really selfish because we want to see all our friends and have a great party. I doubt we will get any business directly from this event, but it might get people talking, and that's always a good thing.

Hope to see you there!

Sabra

Be careful what you wish for.

Hey . Ubu why don't you get a big pot full of those Maryland Crabs and brown paper for the tables. Some hammers. and old bay seasoning , and then bring them along to the fiesta.Tongue
I lived in Maryland for over a year , great fish and seafood.
Seems like your profile doesn't show any climbing so you can be the cook/server .
Can't wait. do you also make maryland crab cakes from scratch?
Maybe these climbing guides will give you a free climbing lesson if you bring the food.
Maybe not,.
Have you ever climbed?
If you look like Ashton Kutcher you could dress up like he did in the movie " The Spread".
Might get you some attention.Sly

Maybe if I keep pushing your buttons, you'll threaten another lawsuit? That'll be fun.


enigma


Mar 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #9 of 9 (2035 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 19, 2002
Posts: 2279

Re: [ubu] Big Fiesta in Joshua Tree April 1st, the Sethspool. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
enigma wrote:
ubu wrote:
JTguides wrote:
No Joke, Enigma!

We just have a lot to celebrate and we like to do it in big style.

We like to throw a really big party about every other year and we've got the perfect place (and neighbors) to do it. This year our excuse is opening our new business and Markus Joliff's birthday. It's really selfish because we want to see all our friends and have a great party. I doubt we will get any business directly from this event, but it might get people talking, and that's always a good thing.

Hope to see you there!

Sabra

Be careful what you wish for.

Hey . Ubu why don't you get a big pot full of those Maryland Crabs and brown paper for the tables. Some hammers. and old bay seasoning , and then bring them along to the fiesta.Tongue
I lived in Maryland for over a year , great fish and seafood.
Seems like your profile doesn't show any climbing so you can be the cook/server .
Can't wait. do you also make maryland crab cakes from scratch?
Maybe these climbing guides will give you a free climbing lesson if you bring the food.
Maybe not,.
Have you ever climbed?
If you look like Ashton Kutcher you could dress up like he did in the movie " The Spread".
Might get you some attention.Sly

Maybe if I keep pushing your buttons, you'll threaten another lawsuit? That'll be fun.

Get to the Fish Market at the harbor
. Better get in shape for you appearance and waiting on tables as an Ashton Kutcher look alike. (Its a hard act to follow)
Laugh


Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$12.56 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)
$2.25 (10% off)
$40.46 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook