RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

jnovakov

Mar 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1828 views)
Shortcut

plateau in progress
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ive kindof plateaud a bit and i was wondering if anyone had good exercises to get me back on track? I havent really done any real training besides pull ups, and circuits... i usually try to climb every other day... i have some tendon issues in my arms so when ever i try to incorp. campus training my wrists and elbows get completely f'd.

Currently i climb pretty hard every time i go, end with either traversing or circuits and do pullups after that... occasionally I'll add in campus board stuff. This is obviously not doing good things for my elbows and wrists so... looking to change it up. Advice for wrist/elbow/shoulder/bicep tendonitis prevention/management would also be appreciated!
Jen

(This post was edited by jnovakov on Mar 22, 2011, 11:53 PM)

flesh

Mar 22, 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1816 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jnovakov] plateau in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jnovakov wrote:
Ive kindof plateaud a bit and i was wondering if anyone had good exercises to get me back on track? I havent really done any real training besides pull ups, and circuits... i usually try to climb every other day... i have some tendon issues in my arms so when ever i try to incorp. campus training my wrists and elbows get completely f'd.

Currently i climb pretty hard every time i go, end with either traversing or circuits and do pullups after that... occasionally I'll add in campus board stuff. This is obviously not doing good things for my elbows and wrists so... looking to change it up. Advice for wrist/elbow/shoulder/bicep tendonitis prevention/management would also be appreciated!

I've put most of my answers to your questions in the threads I've posted. Look at v9-v12, big moves, my power training.
Seems starnge you never mentioned fingers. For the elbows, do triangle pushups, where your thumps touch and your pointer fingers touch to form a traingle, do it at least twice a week, multiple sets. For elbows/wrists, get a dumbbell around 15lbs and put your wrist on a bench with your hand hanging off the go all the way up/down till it burns. For your shoulders, get light weight, maybe 10lbs (if it hurts less) dumbbells and lift them from your sides till they are straight out and then a set where they go straight out. Multiple sets.

If your hurting often, odds are you aren't a genetic mutant, it'll take more time for your body to adapt, be patient. If your hurting alot by climbing evey other day, try this. Every other climbing day, Just traverse the gym on jugs forever until failure, rest for ten minutes, repeat, maybe four times. This is great for technique, burns alot of caliories, and great for endurance and stimulates blood flow without much stess on our cliombing muscles.

After you've warmed up, stretch all the muscle that hurt, a few times each over the first hour.
Good luck.

Also, there's an injury forum, check that out.

(This post was edited by flesh on Mar 22, 2011, 11:50 PM)

jnovakov

Mar 23, 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flesh] plateau in progress [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lol, My fingers do getsore... but dont get too bad if i do elastic exercises and ice. Thanks for the advice!! :)
Jen

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook