RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

sl33py

Mar 24, 2011, 1:19 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2955 views)
Shortcut

bugsbalance kit any good?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone! So i want to get slacklining. I expect i'll go the primitive route eventually, but looking for a quick easy setup in the meantime.

I see the gibbons lines at REI and they look nice, but also saw the bugsbalance kit online for <50$. I don't expect it to last, but figured it would be good to start and i might re-gift to my brother for him and hte kids.

only two pieces seems nice and it's simple to setup. only 10m, but doubt i can do more for a while.

Understanding it's an intro setup - what do you all think? I know ratchets are really frowned at by most, but it's short, won't ever be a high line... and if i go more advanced it will become a gift to family.

Thanks!
Rob

rnevius

Mar 29, 2011, 1:10 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sl33py] bugsbalance kit any good? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not just buy some webbing by the foot, 4 carabiners, and 2 rappel rings and make your own rig?

sl33py

Mar 29, 2011, 4:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rnevius] bugsbalance kit any good? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rnevius wrote:
Why not just buy some webbing by the foot, 4 carabiners, and 2 rappel rings and make your own rig?

I know i can rig a primitive setup pretty easily, but if i gift to my brothers i think the ratchet would be easier for them.

So ultimately - a quick setup which is simple (only two pieces), and once i'm ready for more than 10m i can get a primitive setup. And gift existing to my family.

spending twice but hoping to give to family so would be cool to have something fun to do with them when visiting.

I may just end up getting both - primitive for me, and a kit gibbons or bugsbalance for them.

THe goal - get my family into slacklining. Something fun to do together. Simple for them to setup.

So does anyone have experience with the bugsbalance kit - any good or should i spend the $ for Gibbon's kit (probably classic)?

appreciate the help and info!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook