Mar 23, 2011, 6:55 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Mexicans are lazy, unpatriotic gangbangers
Report this Post
Can't Post

They also hate white people.

In reply to:
A metropolitan Phoenix school district has launched an inquiry into a substitute teacher who wrote a letter that portrayed Hispanic students in a harsh light and was read aloud last week at the Arizona Legislature during a debate on an immigration bill.

Here is the complete letter.

http://news.yahoo.com/...ion_teacher_s_letter

In reply to:
Dear Senator Russell Pearce,

I am compelled to write to you about a recent event that occurred to me. I currently work as a substitute teacher in the west valley areas of Phoenix, Glendale, and Peoria. I was called upon to teach history and language arts for 8th grade at a Glendale public school. The number of students I had in each class ranged from 28 to 38 children, which were almost all Hispanic and a couple of Black children. The day started out as usual turning on the television listening and watching the announcements and saying the Pledge of Allegiance. During the Pledge of Allegiance I notice the vast majority of students refusing to stand and say the pledge. I asked the students why they refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance and they responded by saying, "we are Mexicans and Americans stole our land."

The teacher's instructions were for the students to read a few pages and answer the questions regarding Mark Twain in their history textbook and to finish their final drafts to Senator Steve Gallardo thanking him for his position on Illegal Immigration rights. Their teacher apparently had showed them a video with Senator Steve Gallardo and Lou Dobbs. Most of the students came unprepared for class not possessing paper and pencil. I provided the students with paper and pencils only to have them wade-up the paper and throw it at each other along with their pencils.

The students' final drafts that I read were basically the same. Most of them stated they were in the country illegally, White Americans are racist, and that they came here for a better life. I asked the class if America adopted Mexico immigration laws would Americans still be consider racist?

That question they could not answer and called me a racist for asking it. I mentioned that my wife and children are Hispanic so how could I be racist? I asked the students to stop speaking Spanish in class because it was impolite to speak a language in front of people who may not speak that language. Their response was that Americans better learn Spanish and their customs because they are taking their land back from us.

When it came to completing the Mark Twain assignment only 10 students completed it out of all my classes. Most of the students refused to open the book, tore the pages out of the book, or threw the textbooks at each other. I thought are these the students we are trying to educate with taxpayers money. I have found that substitute teaching in these areas most of the Hispanic students do not want to be educated but rather be gang members and gangsters. They hate America and are determined to reclaim this area for Mexico. If we are able to remove the illegals out of our schools, the class sizes would be reduced and the students who wanted to learn would have a better chance to do so and become productive citizens.

I applaud and support your efforts to stop this invasion into our state and country. When the citizens of a country are forced to speak the invaders language, adopt their customs, and forced to support them, are we not a conquer nation? I do not want to see our state and nation turned into a third world country. Thank you for standing up to this invasion. You may contact me by phone, e-mail, or mail. Thank you, again.

Sincerely,

Tony Hill

Apparently, the republican senators form Arizona agree with this guy, as they read his letter during a debate about immigration. You would think that they would have second thoughts after getting to that bolded part, but apparently not. They simply don't give a shit who they piss off. I wonder what they are going to do when the old white people start dying off.

gmggg

Mar 24, 2011, 8:02 AM
Post #2 of 11 (971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Mexicans are lazy, unpatriotic gangbangers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The day started out as usual turning on the television listening and watching the announcements and saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Is it wrong that I found this to be the most disturbing portion of the letter?

rhaig

Mar 24, 2011, 8:05 AM
Post #3 of 11 (971 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

your title has little to do with the content of the teacher's letter. Unless you're making generalizations based on your own views, I don't see the connection.

The teacher referred to "most" of the Hispanic students in certain areas. Your title doesn't qualify, and as such refers to all Mexicans.

I don't think we should remove these students from the schools, but students disrupting the education of other students should be removed from the classroom. Most districts have an alternative school concept. That's where these kids should be. I don't care what color their skin is. Throwing paper and books in class should be an automatic eject.

gmggg

Mar 24, 2011, 8:15 AM
Post #4 of 11 (968 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] Mexicans are lazy, unpatriotic gangbangers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rhaig wrote:
your title has little to do with the content of the teacher's letter. Unless you're making generalizations based on your own views, I don't see the connection.

The teacher referred to "most" of the Hispanic students in certain areas. Your title doesn't qualify, and as such refers to all Mexicans.

I don't think we should remove these students from the schools, but students disrupting the education of other students should be removed from the classroom. Most districts have an alternative school concept. That's where these kids should be. I don't care what color their skin is. Throwing paper and books in class should be an automatic eject.

I don't know about you but I find the events recounted in that letter to be highly suspicious. Maybe a collage of the teacher's years on the job, but I doubt that this is a single days goings-on.

saint_john

Mar 24, 2011, 8:44 AM
Post #5 of 11 (964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gmggg] Mexicans are lazy, unpatriotic gangbangers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that letter sounds like one of the insane right wing emails my grandpa forwards to me.

veganclimber

Mar 24, 2011, 8:56 AM
Post #6 of 11 (957 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rhaig wrote:

Just to be clear then:

Hispanics are lazy = racist.
Most Hispanics I see are lazy = observation.

In reply to:

You can have a legitimate discussion on the subject, but that's not the point. Don't you find it disturbing that senators decided to read this:

In reply to:
I have found that substitute teaching in these areas most of the Hispanic students do not want to be educated but rather be gang members and gangsters. They hate America and are determined to reclaim this area for Mexico.

during the debate? I'm not sure what's worse, that they read this or that it didn't seem to get that much attention.

rhaig

Mar 24, 2011, 9:11 AM
Post #7 of 11 (948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:

I don't know about you but I find the events recounted in that letter to be highly suspicious. Maybe a collage of the teacher's years on the job, but I doubt that this is a single days goings-on.

I assumed it to be a collage of the teacher's experience as he stated "I have found that substitute teaching in these areas...". It seems he's referring to multiple areas, which would mean multiple teaching engagements.

rhaig

Mar 24, 2011, 9:12 AM
Post #8 of 11 (948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:
In reply to:
The day started out as usual turning on the television listening and watching the announcements and saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

I had the same initial reaction, but there are schools all over that do video announcements rather than PA announcements.

rhaig

Mar 24, 2011, 9:16 AM
Post #9 of 11 (947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
You can have a legitimate discussion on the subject, but that's not the point. Don't you find it disturbing that senators decided to read this:

In reply to:
I have found that substitute teaching in these areas most of the Hispanic students do not want to be educated but rather be gang members and gangsters. They hate America and are determined to reclaim this area for Mexico.

during the debate? I'm not sure what's worse, that they read this or that it didn't seem to get that much attention.

It's one-sided is what it is. Literally only exposing one part-time teacher's observations.

As for disturbing... this is politics. If it's not disturbing, you're not paying attention. For most politicians, it's not been about "what's best for my constituents" for a long time. It's about "what will get me re-elected".

veganclimber

Mar 24, 2011, 9:24 AM
Post #10 of 11 (942 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rhaig wrote:
veganclimber wrote:

In reply to:

It's one-sided is what it is. Literally only exposing one part-time teacher's observations.

As for disturbing... this is politics. If it's not disturbing, you're not paying attention. For most politicians, it's not been about "what's best for my constituents" for a long time. It's about "what will get me re-elected".

The bolded part is what I find disturbing. Not that politicians do this, but that it's reached the point where attacking an ethnic group is seen as the best way to win votes.

styndall

Mar 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #11 of 11 (931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rhaig wrote:
gmggg wrote:
In reply to:

I had the same initial reaction, but there are schools all over that do video announcements rather than PA announcements.

Even when I was in high school in the mid-90s, the announcements came over the school's closed circuit tvs. The video production club got some good experience running a sort of short daily news show, and the administration could use it to play important local/national news bits.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$19.76 (10% off)
$62.55 (10% off)
$21.56 (10% off)
$26.06 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook