Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Rat Rock session
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

sidepull

Mar 29, 2011, 7:28 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2436 views)
Shortcut

Rat Rock session  (North_America: United_States: New_York: New_York_City: Central_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I'll be in NY for a business meeting April 11th in the afternoon. I'd like to boulder in Central Park, just to check it off the list of cool places to have bouldered. That said, I'd rather not have to deal with lugging a pad. What's the chances of running into someone on a Monday morning? Is a pad necessary? Thanks for the beta!

S

rangerrob

Mar 29, 2011, 8:17 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2414 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Rat Rock session [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's baen a whle since I bouldered there, Rat Rock doesn't really need a pad. There are some cool traverses that are low to the ground, and even the topouts are not that high. The ground is flat there, and the City Climbers Club at least used to put down wood chips every season.

It's in the SW corner of the park. Enter from Columbus circle and find a big fenced in playground. The rock is right next to it. Cat Rock is further east, near the skating rink. It also has some cool problems, but you don't want to come off without a really good spotter.

sidepull

Mar 30, 2011, 8:41 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2367 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rangerrob] Rat Rock session [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the reply. Any chance there will be people there on Monday morning or any online topos of the boulder?

Thanks again!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook