Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Mar 15, 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #26 of 34 (1683 views)
Shortcut

Re: [NJSlacker] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

NJSlacker wrote:
Hey all. Just got back, and thanks for all the advice.

Despite it raining and snowing most of the week, I had a great time. Spent a lot of time at the Roadside crag and military wall as they kept pretty dry. Had an amazing time

as the topic has changed slightly...

I'm now a huge fan of Miguel's. It's hard to beat $2 camping, $1.50 showers (8 minutes long, more than enough time), covered cooking area, cheap wi-fi, good pizza, and the amazing community that climbers bring.

Amazing Community? You better not have been one of those douches that were blabbing on about how drunk they were at 2am on Friday night.

caughtinside

Mar 15, 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #27 of 34 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Lbrombach wrote:
I drive to the Red for Miguels! The fact that there is climbing nearby is just a little bonus.

I always hear conflicting reports about the pizza, and wonder if the raves are the result of climbers being ravenous scavengers after a day on the rock, or if it holds up on it's own. For example, how would it hold up against NY city pizza and the like?

Same goes for Ale 8 One. I have never sampled either.

Ale 8 is weird but strangely addictive. It's kind of like flat ginger ale. I really loved it.

I also thought the food was good, but not the best pizza I've ever had. Great value though.

shotwell

Mar 15, 2011, 2:04 AM
Post #28 of 34 (1668 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
NJSlacker wrote:

Despite it raining and snowing most of the week, I had a great time. Spent a lot of time at the Roadside crag and military wall as they kept pretty dry. Had an amazing time

I'm now a huge fan of Miguel's. It's hard to beat $2 camping, $1.50 showers (8 minutes long, more than enough time), covered cooking area, cheap wi-fi, good pizza, and the amazing community that climbers bring.

Amazing Community? You better not have been one of those douches that were blabbing on about how drunk they were at 2am on Friday night.

Last Friday night or every Friday night? Seems I've never had a weekend at Miguel's that didn't end up with one of the following happening:

1) Drunk people yelling "I'm SOOOO drunk!"
2) Naked people in the cooking area. (Thank you St. Patrick's Day 2010)
3) Drunk people thinking my tent is their tent.
4) Drunk people thinking that they should yell at their buddy in the next tent for an hour.
5) Being parked in to your parking spot.

Actually, except for 2, all of these happen EVERY TIME I go to Miguel's. Once in the last year was enough. Never again will I camp there.

dbogardus

Mar 15, 2011, 3:52 AM
Post #29 of 34 (1654 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I find it interesting that people hate or love some camping areas. As far as the people using the facilities go, how would Miguel's compare to the MUA at the Gunks?

sungam

Mar 15, 2011, 9:58 AM
Post #30 of 34 (1644 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shotwell wrote:
camhead wrote:
NJSlacker wrote:

Last Friday night or every Friday night? Seems I've never had a weekend at Miguel's that didn't end up with one of the following happening:

1) Drunk people yelling "I'm SOOOO drunk!"
2) Naked people in the cooking area. (Thank you St. Patrick's Day 2010)
3) Drunk people thinking my tent is their tent.
4) Drunk people thinking that they should yell at their buddy in the next tent for an hour.
5) Being parked in to your parking spot.

Actually, except for 2, all of these happen EVERY TIME I go to Miguel's. Once in the last year was enough. Never again will I camp there.
FUCK I love Miguels!

jolery

Mar 29, 2011, 6:00 PM
Post #31 of 34 (1593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Most of the bullshit at Miguel's could be fixed if he just upped the camping to $5/night, but he seems to rather focus more on the restaurant, which brings in more money anyway.

End of rant.

FUCK that. Five bucks a night instead of two? If you wanna spend five bucks a night to camp come out to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, they will be more than happy to take your $5 to camp, as well as $5 to climb - and for the record, I got WAY more sleep at Miguel's than I ever have at $5 Horseshoe Canyon.

Partner camhead

Mar 29, 2011, 9:25 PM
Post #32 of 34 (1569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jolery] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jolery wrote:
camhead wrote:

Most of the bullshit at Miguel's could be fixed if he just upped the camping to $5/night, but he seems to rather focus more on the restaurant, which brings in more money anyway.

End of rant.

FUCK that. Five bucks a night instead of two? If you wanna spend five bucks a night to camp come out to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, they will be more than happy to take your $5 to camp, as well as $5 to climb - and for the record, I got WAY more sleep at Miguel's than I ever have at $5 Horseshoe Canyon.

So, if it went up to $5/night, you would not come to Miguel's?

Thanks, you just proved my point.

jolery

Mar 29, 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #33 of 34 (1559 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
jolery wrote:
camhead wrote:

End of rant.

Nice! I like it - actually not applicable though 'cause I'm not the one creating chaos, doing stupid shit or annoying others.

But by all means please go to Horseshoe - they need your business - and your $5.

Partner camhead

Mar 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #34 of 34 (1557 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jolery] rainy days at the RRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jolery wrote:
camhead wrote:
jolery wrote:
camhead wrote:

End of rant.

Nice! I like it - actually not applicable though 'cause I'm not the one creating chaos, doing stupid shit or annoying others.

But by all means please go to Horseshoe - they need your business - and your $5.

Been there, quite a bit when I used to live in TX.

it's a cool place.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook