Premier Sponsor:

wjca

Apr 1, 2011, 8:16 AM
Post #1 of 18 (1374 views)
Shortcut

Sharia Law?
Report this Post
Can't Post

So am I correct in stating that one of the primary tenants of Islam is to spread the religion everywhere? Including Sharia Law? If so, then a glimpse as to what that means:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...agedy?obref=obinsite

Yay Islam!!

styndall

Apr 1, 2011, 8:25 AM
Post #2 of 18 (1367 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are also lots of Muslims who don't do that and don't believe that they have to force everyone to convert.

Condemning this kind of activity is good. Condemning all of Islam only further alienates Muslim communities and makes them less willing to talk on open terms.

I_do

Apr 2, 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #3 of 18 (1316 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
So am I correct in stating that one of the primary tenants of Islam is to spread the religion everywhere? Including Sharia Law? If so, then a glimpse as to what that means:

Yay Islam!!

You don't know many muslims do you?

oldrnotboldr

Apr 4, 2011, 8:11 PM
Post #4 of 18 (1264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here is a response to sharia law and Islamic influence from a speech made by Geert Wilders of the Dutch Parliament. Excerpt keypoints:
(1) Defend freedom of speech
(2) End cultural relativism and re-assert our belief in the superiority of Western culture compared to Islamic culture
(3) Stop the Islamization of the West because, "more Islam means less freedom."
(4) Restore the supremacy and sovereignty of the nation-state
It seems that radical islam may truly be becoming the new communism.
A link to his speech (from the American thinker web site no less): http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/geert_wilders_in_rome_defendin.html

Toast_in_the_Machine

Apr 4, 2011, 9:55 PM
Post #5 of 18 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oldrnotboldr] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oldrnotboldr wrote:
Here is a response to sharia law and Islamic influence from a speech made by Geert Wilders of the Dutch Parliament. Excerpt keypoints:
(1) Defend freedom of speech
Abso fucking lutely. And freedom of belief and non belief.
In reply to:
(2) End cultural relativism and re-assert our belief in the superiority of Western culture compared to Islamic culture
No need, one off the cultural beliefs in western civilization is that the better idea wins in the marketplace. You only need to try too assert a superiority if you don't actually think you have a better idea to begin with.
In reply to:
(3) Stop the Islamization of the West because, "more Islam means less freedom."
There is no islamization of the west. To think so its to not be connected with reality.

In reply to:
(4) Restore the supremacy and sovereignty of the nation-state
It seems that radical islam may truly be becoming the new communism.

The nation state is bull shit. It is about people. But, yes, the green fear is the new red scare.

oldrnotboldr

Apr 4, 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #6 of 18 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are absolutely correct. That was a sample of reactions- not just in the U.S. But examples abound America is just more subtle about it. Imperialism is not a dead concept. Piece together the military actions around the world as well as CIA actions. API carried an article on how the CIA is using social networks in the middle east to spread propaganda.

And no, I do not subscribe to Geert Wilders' ideas. I was merely citing an example of the extend of the fear.

robbovius

Apr 5, 2011, 9:15 AM
Post #7 of 18 (1203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oldrnotboldr] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm personally not so afraid of Sharia law in the USA, or any meaningful islamisation here. but damn, I'll tell ya, those Christian Dominion assholes give me the jitters

oldrnotboldr

Apr 5, 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #8 of 18 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Perhaps, but I am more concerned with the actions of the CIA, Pentagon, and the Federal Reserve; the real controlling agencies in Washington. An interesting book is "Washington Rules: The Case for Permanent War."

altelis

Apr 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #9 of 18 (1055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:

Yay Islam!!

One of the principle tenants of Christianity is to spread the religion everywhere as well. And they are supposed to follow the bible too..

And this oft-circulated (and REALLY funny) letter points out why we should be afraid of that as well
In reply to:
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim

pinktricam

Apr 24, 2011, 4:45 PM
Post #10 of 18 (1047 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
wjca wrote:

Yay Islam!!

One of the principle tenants of Christianity is to spread the religion everywhere as well. And they are supposed to follow the bible too..

And this oft-circulated (and REALLY funny) letter points out why we should be afraid of that as well
In reply to:
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim

Actually, if you knew anything about Christianity, you'd know that we have only two commandments given to follow now.

Besides, when was the last time you heard of a radical Christian?

Contrast that with the last time you heard of a radical Muslim.

The bottom line is that even those that are considered "moderate" Muslims have a very real disdain for Western culture.

veganclimber

Apr 24, 2011, 4:53 PM
Post #11 of 18 (1043 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Actually, if you knew anything about Christianity, you'd know that we have only two commandments given to follow now.

And what are they?

In reply to:

Does Dr. Laura count?

altelis

Apr 24, 2011, 4:59 PM
Post #12 of 18 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

The bottom line is that even those that are considered "moderate" Muslims have a very real disdain for Western culture.

You'll hear what you want to if your aim is to simply further your own fixed false belief. Hopefully you can pinpoint the radicals and the moderates from these pictures. The moderates pictured aren't only moderates but have done a lot of good for this country.

Here's a hint- if you're going by skin color you're gonna get it wrong...

altelis

Apr 24, 2011, 5:13 PM
Post #13 of 18 (1035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

And what are they?

In reply to:

Does Dr. Laura count?

Actually, as a tribe member me-self I'm ashamed to have to say she's Jewish. She was Orthodox for a while, but apparently announced she is no longer Orthodox...don't think she converted to the X-factor though...

pinktricam

Apr 24, 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #14 of 18 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

You'll hear what you want to if your aim is to simply further your own fixed false belief. Hopefully you can pinpoint the radicals and the moderates from these pictures. The moderates pictured aren't only moderates but have done a lot of good for this country.

Here's a hint- if you're going by skin color you're gonna get it wrong...

[image]http://www.tntmagazine.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/TNT+TODAY+BLOG.1410/jones.jpg[/image][image]http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/fred_phelps.JPG[/image][image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_licto8WIgR1qe7sle.jpg[/image][image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Keithellison.jpg/210px-Keithellison.jpg[/image][image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Elias_Zerhouni_close-up_official_photo.jpg/150px-Elias_Zerhouni_close-up_official_photo.jpg[/image][image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Fareed_zakaria_2007.jpg/200px-Fareed_zakaria_2007.jpg[/image]

Do you really wan to go tit for tat with this argument? Because you'd lose.

altelis

Apr 24, 2011, 6:27 PM
Post #15 of 18 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not sure you ever lose with tits....they're SO cute!!!!!!!

altelis

Apr 24, 2011, 6:33 PM
Post #16 of 18 (1016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

I guess my point wasn't clear, sorry.

These are the two things I was getting at, the bolded parts.

You hear about AMERICAN radical Christians ALL the time.

And your generalized statement about "moderate Muslims having a disdain for Western culture" is just patently false. It ignores the millions of WESTERN moderate Muslims that have no disdain what-so-ever for THEIR OWN culture. It ignores the millions of non-western Muslims who don't have disdain for the West. It ignores the millions of Muslims who DO have disdain for the West, but for reasons ENTIRELY outside of Islam. From the outside looking in, its really not hard to empathize with a certain level of skepticism about our culture. Nothing to do with Islam.

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 26, 2011, 5:49 AM
Post #17 of 18 (978 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
altelis wrote:
wjca wrote:

Yay Islam!!

In reply to:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Your devoted fan,
Jim

To answer your questions...

'radical Christian' = Christian Fundamentalist. Just as you have 'moderate' Christians, and Muslim Fundamentalists.

Now, given this, what's the difference between YOU, a Christian Fundamentalist, and a Muslim Fundamentalist, other than book of choice? You are BOTH 'radical' religious fanatics.

Edit... And as to Sharia Law, in the US...
The Blue Laws are a Christian example of the exact same thing, just a different book, as they are still religiously based laws imposed on all by Christian Fundamentalists (read: Extremists). And those Fundies would LOVE to see laws even more restrictive (E.g., stem cell research, abortion, contraceptives, [pseudo]education, etc).

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Apr 26, 2011, 10:49 AM)

pinktricam

Apr 28, 2011, 7:11 AM
Post #18 of 18 (913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Sharia Law? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
The Blue Laws are a Christian example of the [Sharia Law].

That explains the beheading of an unbeliever and the stoning to death of an unwed mother I noticed while passing through Hendersonville, NC last November.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$34.16 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$44.96 (10% off)
$7.65 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook